ZACK ARIAS DILEMMA
“Currently I have two systems: The Phase One XF100 and my Fuji cameras. […] My only backup solution to my Phase is my Xpro2. It can get the job done but when you are hired to shoot medium format it would be nice to have a medium format as a backup if needed. There are times I’d like a smaller medium format kit and I think the Fujifilm GFX and the Fujinon GF32-64 will be a perfect solution for that.
Simplify Zack. Simplify. Zen. Flow like water. All that shit.
Full Phase kit. GFX for back up. X100F with wide and tele adapters? Rent other stuff as needed? That sounds good too. That Xpro2 though. I do love that camera so much. I’ve shot a lot of stuff with it. […] Xpro2. X100. Three lenses. Three flashes. One bag. Stuff that keeps me awake. Trying to find the signal in all of this noise. […] What do y’all think of all this bulls**t?
You can read the full article “2017 Goal :: Simplify My Gear” at dedpxl here.
Fujifilm GFX: USA BHphoto – Win $3,000 by pre-ordering at BH via FR*, Adorama, AmazonUS EU: AmazonDE, AmazonUK, WexUK, ParkCamerasUK, PCHstore AUS: CameraPro
*Pre-order the GFX at BHphoto using the FujiRumors B&H link to enter the contest. Price: $3,000. Sweepstake Overview & Rules can be found here. Full Terms & Conditions here.
MORE ABOUT THE GFX
GFX High ISO test at cameralabs
- Fujifilm GFX 50S review – overview of features and quality at cameralabs youtube (in short: absolutely fantastic details! Lots of details also in high ISO. Easy to use handheld)
- Non Stop Fujifilm GFX Discussions, Videos, Images and more at the 5,100+ members strong GFX Facebook Group here
- Fujifilm GFX 50S FullHD Video (Panning) at ePHOTOzine youtube
- Thomas Heaton says the only mirrorless camera he wants is a Fuji GFX 50S at Thomas Heaton Youtube (min 27:49)
- Fujifilm GFX50s Launch at Althorp House ~ 21 Pictures at prophotonut
- GFX challenges with Knut Koivisto at Fujifilm Global Youtube
- GFX First impressions at fotopraxis in German here (translation)
- Fujifilm GFX launch: Hands-on with the GFX, X-T20, and X100F, plus more questions answered! at imaging-resource
- Fujifilm GFX 50s test photos at letsgodigital
- Japanese site dc.watch shares GFX and accessories product images here (translation)
- Fujifilm GFX50 upgrade rant the best Low Cost Medium Format mirrorless camera i want so bad at The Movingicon Youtube
- Support for compressed Fujifilm GFX 50s raw files figured out for fastrawviewer and rawdigger
Fujinon XF50mmF2 WR
50 Vs. 56 Vs. 60
Some people asked for XF50mm Vs XF56mm comparisons in the comments. Well, I’ve found one at ivanjoshualoh here.
If you want the super-shallow DOF, then the 56 is the way to go. However, at F2, the 9 aperture blades of the XF50mmF2 (and 60) give overall nicer round balls
effects of the fairy lights. Used outdoor, though, with foliage in the background, the XF56mmF1.2 APD wins due to a creamier bokeh.
Compact, affordable, weather sealed, fast focus and a smooth bokeh make the XF50mmF2 WR probably the overall winner to me.
More at ivanjoshualoh here
- Non Stop Fujifilm X100F Discussions, Videos, Images and more at the 2,500+ members strong X100F Facebook Group here
- Fujifilm X100F first look (and what a light!!) at adriancmurray
- London F at jonasraskphotography
- Victoria Wright X100F samples at priime
- Samples at letsgodigital
- Fujifilm X100F: Initial Impressions for X100 Series Enthusiasts at rinziruizphotography
- Fujifilm X100F pre-production sample gallery at dpreview
- First Impressions: Fujifilm X100F at thephoblographer
- The X100F, XT2 or the XPRO2? at josephbrazilphotography
- Personal snaps with the Fuji X100F ar f16.click
- The X100F in Paris at valeriejardin
- Fujifilm X-T20 sample image gallery at amateurphotographer
- Fujifilm X100F sample image gallery amateurphotographer
- Samples at letsgodigital
- First Impressions: Fujifilm X-T20 at thephoblographer