second update today for the weather sealed X (I already told you today here, that the camera will be announced within the end of January).
Now, I copy and paste the information as I’ve received it via rumor box (thanks for sharing):
“X-T1 SLR like compact X-mount camera with additional battery grip and shutter release. Same sensor as X-E2. Extra large EVF.”
It’s still unconfirmed, so take it with a grain of salt.
Message to anonymous sources: feel free to give yourself a fake name when you drop me messages via rumor box, so that I can recognize you in future, in case you decide to share information again.
Here is the list of rumored specs (from trusted, new and anonymous sources)… it’s getting better and better with every rumor ;-).
- bigger (extra-large) and better (high performance) EVF / (trusted + anonymous sources)
- APS-C X-Trans sensor II (16MP) / (trusted + anonymous sources)
- double SD-card slot / (trusted sources)
- weather sealed body / (trusted sources)
- announcement at the end January / (trusted sources)
- price range between X-E and X-PRO line / (new and anonymous sources)
- FujicaST-like design / (source who was right in the past, but not yet upgraded to the elite-team of trusted sources ;-))
- faster AF than the X-E2 / (new source)
- additional battery grip / (anonymous source)
- name: X-T1 / (anonymous source)
In the meantime FR-reader Chris posted part two of his day at the CES. Read his blog post X-Series Discussions here: “There was no disucion on weatherproof lenses – the suggestion seemed to be that this was an InterNet rumor rather than a manufacturer statement at this point. […] US revenue market share of Fuji csc is ranked #4 at 10.9 percent for 2013 vs 7.8 percent for 2012 – significant growth. […] They see full frame as more of a marketing hype, a buzz phrase that people latch onto – real photographers don’t think ‘do I have FF?’, they just use the tools to get the results. […] More firmware upgrades in a couple of weeks – live manual exposure preview and file naming for the X100 mentioned.” This and much more here…. great job Chris!
Any help is appreciated. If there is anyone out there who can tell me more about the weather sealed X (or any other X-gear), please contact me at email@example.com or also completely anonymously via rumor box.