I’m here again dear readers! I thought you could be interested in the latest rumors bubbling in the FR-kitchen.
A new source shared with me (and with you) the following informations:
1) THE STRATEGY: Fuji won’t replace frenetically its cameras after a short time. The company’s goal now is to extend its offer to new market segments. Therefore there will be new cameras targeting different customers. (a trusted source told me here that, after the X-A1, Fuji plans to release two more cameras this year)
2) THE X-PRO2: Because of this strategy the high end cameras won’t be replaced that soon. (so it seems that the X-PRO2 won’t be one of the two cameras released after the X-A1 this year.)
3) THE NEW LENSES: There will be new cheaper lenses after the 16-50 f/3.5. These lenses will be cheaper because they are slower, but the image quality will remain top-notch because inside all elements are made of quality glass.
4) THE CHEAP 55-200: We will soon have a cheaper 55-200 lens (or something very similar).
5) THE DOUBLE KIT: Fuji could offer the X-A1 with a double zoom kit lens (16-50 and cheap 55-200)
As always, take rumors from new sources with a grain of salt. I’ve already fired off some emails to trusted sources and as soon as I can confirm this rumor I’ll post an update.
And don’t be shy, if anyone else out there has some inside news to share, use the rumor box on the FR-website to share them anonymously (you can give yourself a fake name and create an identity so that I recognize you in future) or contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
may the focus be with you!
P.S: Oh, and if someone out there reports these rumors on other websites don’t be afraid to quote the source, I have nothing against it ;).