UPDATE: The Slanted Lens confirmed in the comments that it was an error
In the latest X-T4 video of The Slanted Lens, which we shared in our massive X-T4 live blogging, the guys beta testing the Fujifilm X-T4, when testing image quality and pixel peeping, literally say:
let’s look at the lens, because this is a newer version of the 16-55mm. It’s a great lens. Super solid. And it’s sharp, really sharp.
So what, did Fujifilm secretly update the Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8, or did they test a Mark II version, or did they just make an error?
I believe it was an error, but the guys at The Slanted Lens said it with quite some confidence, so I have to report about it, as they evidently are close enough to Fujifilm to get beta gear for testing.
Once again, they did not say “it’s a new XF16-55“, but “it’s a newer version of the XF16-55“.
Well, there are definitely other lenses that need a refresh, rather than the 16-55.
- XF 16-55mmF2.8 WR: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- Fuji X-T4 in USA: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / FocusCamera
- Fuji X-T4 in EU: AmazonDE / CalumetDE / WexUK / ParkcamerasUK / JessopsUK / AmazonUK / PCHstore
- BC-W235 Dual Battery Charger: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera
- NP-W235 Battery: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / FocusCamera
- Vertical Grip: BHphoto / Adorama