Until just a few years ago, I’d have never thought I would ever be able to make a roundup dedicated only to third party autofocus lenses for Fujifilm X mount.
But luckily Fujifilm understood its error in 2021 and fixed it, so here we are, in 2023, with lots to cover!
The autofocus lenses we will cover below are:
- Viltrox 75mm f/1.2 XF: Amazon, BHphoto, Adorama, Viltrox Store
- Viltrox 13mm f/1.4 XF: ViltroxStore, BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- TTArtisan 27mm f/2.8: AmazonUS, BHphoto, Adorama, Amazon Europe, Pergear
- Tamron 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Tamron 150-500mm f/5-6.7: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN: BHphoto / Amazon / Adorama
The Third Party AF Lens Roundup
- keithwee – Viltrox 75mm F1.2 Pro Review – In a league of its own
- keithwee – Review of the TTArtisan 27mm f2.8 for Fujifilm X – Perfectly fun
- 5050travelog – TTArtisan 27mm f/2.8 review
- lenstip – Voigtländer Nokton 35mm f/1.2 review [no autofocus but with electronic contacts]
– shapely, very solid barrel made of metal,
– excellent image quality in the frame centre from f/2.0 upwards,
– imperceptible longitudinal chromatic aberration,
– slight lateral chromatic aberration,
– lack of any serious distortion problems,
– blurry areas pleasing to the eye.
– weak image quality in the frame centre near the maximum relative aperture,
– not especially sharp edges of the frame,
– problems with spherical aberration,
– very high coma,
– distinct vignetting,
– weak performance against bright light.