I originally shared this part of Elia’s video in this article, but then quickly saw, that it actually deserves a post for its own.
- previous episode – Elia Locardi Meets Fujifilm Managers and has a talk with them at dinner
Take this article as tribute to Minami-San the color guru inside Fujifilm, since he is the person, who developed the original Fujifilm film stock and is now responsible for how the film simulations in new digital cameras perfectly match the original film stock.
Here is an excerpt from episode 5 of Elias “moments in time” series. The talk with Fuji’s color guru starts at minute 8:28.
- Sam works for Fujifilm since 50 years
- Sam started in the technical stuff
- it does not sound difficult: measure the color of the film and then just transfer into digital. But it’s much more difficult than that
- They shoot an image and then observe it on lightbox and then try to simulate it. It’s very difficult
- his favorite camera is the Fujifilm TX-1
- difference between actual color and memory color
- Fujifilm spent a lot of time to study how we remember colors
- Velvia film was aimed to produce better color on nature scenery
I thought it is interesting to see the guy, who makes so many Fujifilm X and GFX shooters happy, by putting his working live into the science of colors.
Our Owners Groups
- Fujifilm GFX User Group
- Fujifilm X-T User Group
- Fujifilm X-H User Group
- Fujifilm X-E User Group
- Fujifilm X-Pro User Group
- Fujifilm X100 line Group
Our Facebook Pages