Fujifilm Manager X-S10 Presentation: “Not All Fujifilm Cameras will Have Selfie Screens in Future and We Don’t Hate Mode Dials”
The Japanese youtube channel カメラのキタムラ had a chat with a Fujifilm manager.
The talk gravitates around the Fujifilm X-S10, and quite frankly 90% of what is said is stuff you already know. Here we highlight a few things that we consider more interesting.
The Mode Dial
- One of the things we wanted to do was “custom position”, which is available from C1 to C4
- we don’t hate mode dials
- The X-S10 is a “gate camera” for those who enter the X system. A mode dial for simply operation was adpoted for that reason
The mode dial with C-positions is actually like going back to the roots for the Fujifilm X series, as Fujifilm’s second X series camera ever had already one and it continued with its successor.
If you ask me, bringing it back in what is probably the best value for money mid-range camera on the market, is an extremely smart and urgently needed move. We need more folks to join the X club, and the X-S10 could serve this purpose very well.
Film Simulations + Auto Mode
- It is no exaggeration to say that the first reason for wanting to use a Fujifilm camera is film simulation
- By pressing the Q button after displaying the film simulation with the function dial, an explanation of that film simulation will appear
- An increasing number of younger generations of photography enthusiasts have never shot on film
- New SP mode will record also RAW and select everything for you, inlcluding film simulation
The Rise of Vary-Angle Screens (selfie screens)
- Fujifilm is not trying to put vary-angle screens on every camera
- Each camera has its own personality, and Fujifilm chooses whether to implement a selfie screen depending on the main shooting purpose
- The 3-axis tilt LCD monitor works effectively for still image shooting, so Fujifilm thinks it will continue to be effective for cameras that focus on still images
In my opinion a 3-way tilt screen is superior also for video shooters. The only advantage of fully articulating screens, is if you want to take selfie images or film yourself.
- Join our Fujifilm X-S User Group
- Follow our dedicated Fujifilm X-S Page
You can read the full summary of the interview in Japanese here (google translated).
- Fujifilm X-S10: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Moment, Focuscamera
Follow FujiRumors on Patreon, Facebook, Instagram, RSS-feed, Youtube, Flipboard and Twitter