On top of the recent Spring offer, Capture One is starting a new limited 48hrs campaign that offers a 25% discount on Capture One Pro perpetual licenses and subscriptions!
- save 25% on Capture One Pro 20 with coupon code “25OFF” – ends March 24
- save 25% on Capture One Pro for Fujifilm or Sony with coupon code “SPRING25” – ends March 31
- save 30% on upgrades using code “UPGRADE30“
In his latest video (see below), Thomas Heaton talks about the photography software he use to process his Fujifilm X-T3 RAW files. He tested
- Lightroom only
- Lightroom with Enhanced Details
- Lightroom with Iridient X Transformer Plug-in
- Capture One 20
Here are some considerations:
- Lightroom only: worm effect. Strange things go on. Images do not look great
- Lightroom with enhanced details: cleans up files, no worms, initially files look better. But he realized he loses lots of details actually, and hence looks softer
- Capture One: file looks fantastic. C1 does an amazing job. Nice clean file. He can see why Pros use that
- Iridient X Transformer: simple to install. Converts Fuji RAW files to DNG file and takes care of sharpening. The results are very close to Capture One results. Image looks cleaner, better. Very impressed with Iridient X Transformer
And in real life? Thomas printed the same image using the 4 different methods. He can’t see any difference. You need a loupe and super close, to see difference.
The only real noticeable difference appears during the editing process. You look at high res monitor super magnified. But when printed, you don’t really see difference.
But although in real world you can’t see real difference, you want to work with the best file possible, enjoy the processing. He recommends Capture One or Iridient X Transformer.
Thomas Heaton decided to use Iridient X Transformer. It’s almost as good as Capture One, and he can keep all his Lightroom workflow.
But if you don’t have problems to switch, he would recommend Capture One.
Also Mac OS Catalina support (thru version 15.1).
DEAL ENDS TODAY
There are two Capture One Pro deals, that are going to expire today at 7PM New York time (midnight in Berlin).
- NEW CUSTOMERS: Get Capture One Pro 12 with 10% discount using OCT-AF-P89 at checkout – includes free upgrade to Capture One Pro 20
Full Capture One Update Details
I will be one of those, who in not so distant future will leave Lightroom forever, and use only one of the below mentioned RAW converters.
Now, I doubt I could influence your decision at all, but anyway I decided not to tell you here, which RAW converter I am going for, in the illusion of what I would say could influence the vote down below :).
So now I want to hear from you guys, if you consider to leave Lightroom forever, which one would be the RAW converter of your choice?
- Capture One Pro 12 (ENDING SOON: save 50% until August 31)
- Luminar 4 pre-orders with huge discount (includes sky replacement and automatic selective clarity feature)
- ON1 Photo RAW
- Iridient Developer
- other options
Vote down below… I did already.
- Follow FujiRumors: Facebook, Instagram, RSS-feed, Youtube, Flipboard and Twitter
- Join our User Groups: Fujifilm X-T, GFX, X-H, X-Pro, X-E and X100 line
- New Facebook Pages: Fujifilm X-T, Fujifilm X-H and Fujifilm GFX