We told you recently here that a new third party autofocus lens is about to come for the X system.
Well, now we have an important update that rules out quite some options.
According to information we have received, the upcoming third party AF lens will not be from a Chinese manufacturer.
So which are the brands left?
From those, who already offer AF lenses, we have Tokina, Tamron, Sigma, Samyang and Zeiss.
Let’s discuss the options:
I think whatever Sigma has in terms of mirrorless DC lenses (DC = APS-C lenses), is already offered for X mount. But they could adapt an FF lens to the X mount. So if it is coming from Sigma, then it must be something new, or maybe adapted from their Full Frame glass, as for example Tamron did with their Tamron 150-500mm f/5-6.7.
Tokina has until now only the Viltrox-clones for X mount. However, they have launched a dedicated mirrorless APS-C lens (for Sony) last year, the Tokina 11-18mm f/2.8. However, when they launched that lens Tokina has not hinted that it would come also for the Fujifilm X mount.
I know Samyang offers the Samyang 12mm F2 AF lens for X mount. But I am not aware of Samyang having any other APS-C autofocus lenses available for other mounts.
I feel we can rule out Zeiss, as they are virtually dead in regards to AF X mount lenses. They could have been very successful, as they entered the AF X mount market when Fujifilm hardly had any lens available. But they did so by offering lenses that Fujifilm already offered at a lower price than the Zeiss Touit lenses. Such a missed opportunity.
Will a new brand join? Well, I can’t rule that out either for now.
Just for fun, a little survey where you can make your guess on who will offer the next X mount AF lens ;).
Full List of Third Party AF X Mount Lenses
- Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Tamron 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Tamron 150-500mm f/5-6.7: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN: BHphoto / Amazon / Adorama
- Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama/ Focuscamera
- Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama/ Focuscamera
- Samyang 12mm f/2.0 AF: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Viltrox AF 13mm f/1.4 XF: ViltroxStore / BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Pergear
- Viltrox 75mm f/1.2 AF XF: Amazon USA / BHphoto / Adorama / Viltrox Store / Your Local Amazon
- Viltrox 56mm f/1.4 AF: Viltrox Store / BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Viltrox 23mm f/1.4 AF: ViltroxStore / AmazonUS / BHphoto / Adorama
- Viltrox 33mm f/1.4 AF: ViltroxStore / BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 II AF: ViltroxStore / BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Tokina atx-m 56mm F1.4 X: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Tokina atx-m 23mm F1.4 X: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Tokina atx-m 33mm F1.4 X: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Zeiss Touit 50mmF2.8 1:1 Macro: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Zeiss Touit 32mmF1.8: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- Zeiss Touit 12mmF2.8: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- TTArtisan 32mm f/2.8 – Official Announcement here
Rumored to Come Next:
We Don’t Forget:
Electronic contacts for software correction support, EXIF, etc, but no Autofocus
- Voigtlander NOKTON 23mm F1.2 X: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- Voigtlander NOKTON 35mm F1.2 X: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- Voigtländer Macro APO-ULTRON 35mm F2: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
We Have It!
40K+ Members in Record Time and Growing Faster than Ever!
- Fujifilm Film Simulation Group (100% Fuji Colors Power)
Join Our Owners Groups