In their best and worst episode for 2021, DPRTV praised the fact that Fujifilm was refreshing some of their older lenses.
Now we have to understand what a MKII lens is.
The only MKII lens left is the XF23mm f/1.4 R LM WR, and that one indeed features an all new internal lens design.
As for the other lenses that come to mind, the XF33mm f/1.4 and the XF18mm f/1.4, Fujifilm does not consider those lenses as “MKII lenses”, so much so that Fujifilm did not discontinued the glorious XF35mmF1.4 R and especially the XF18mm f/1.4 is a different lens compared to the XF18mm f/2.
With that said, today we are going to cover the XF23mmF1.4 R LM WR, XF33mm f/1.4 R LM WR and XF18mm f/1.4 R LM WR in a dedicated roundup.
So there is not much to find about that lens (we covered it last month here with the latest reviews). There is, however, a quick look at it (and lots of samples) by Patrick La Roque, more in depth reviews by Ivan Joshua Loh and Keith Wee, as well as a video of Gajan Balan and Lee Zavitz (you’ll find it all down below).
- XF 18mm f/1.4 R LM WR: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera
- XF 23mm f/1.4 R LM WR: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera / Moment
- XF 27mm f/2.8 R WR: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera / Moment
- XF 33mm f/1.4 R LM WR: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera / Moment
- XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Moment / Focuscamera
The X Lens Roundup
- ivanjoshualoh – One and only, XF23mm F1.4 LM WR
- keithwee – Fujinon XF 23mm f1.4 R LM WR Review – Fujifilm’s 35mm perfected
- laroquephoto – The 23 Mark II: In Flux
- 5050travelog – Fujifilm XF 33mm f/1.4 R LM WR Review