Fujinon XF 500mmF8 OIS Patent Found
Fujifilm has filed a patent for a Fujinon XF500mm f/8 OIS lens.
The f/8 aperture would make it a very portable long telephoto option similar to what Canon offers with their Canon RF 800mm F11 IS STM and Canon RF 600mm f/11 IS STM.
What I know is that the FujiRumors community wishes mostly for a Fujinon XF 400mm f/4 lens. But feel free to let us know what you’d think about an eventual Fujinon XF500mm f/8.
- Fujinon Wildlife Photography Lenses – POLL
- Fujifilm Lenses for Wildlife Photography: Fujinon XF 400mmF4 and What Else?
- Fujifilm XF 300mm F4 and 500mm F5.6 Patents Found
- [Public number] Special opening 2023-8740
- [Opening date] 2023-01-19
- [Name of Invention] Image lens and imaging device
- [App application date] 2021-09-21
- [Identification number] 306037311
- [Name or name] Fujifilm Co., Ltd.
- [Issue] We provide a telephoto imaging lens with small size, light weight, and good optical performance, and a imaging device with this imaging lens.
-  In recent years, telephoto imaging lenses with small size, light weight, and good optical performance have been requested.
-  This disclosure is based on the above circumstances, and aims to provide a telephoto imaging lens with small size, light weight, and good optical performance, and a imaging device equipped with this imaging lens.
- Focal length: 484.785
- F value: 8.2
- Angle of view: 3.38
- Back focus: 63.817
via J-PlatPat via asobinet via digicame-info