Fujifilm X-T2 Firmware 4.00
As you know, Fujifilm said they will release a firmware update for the Fujifilm X-T2, GFX, X-Pro2 and X-H1 in May.
Now Fujifilm China has made the firmware file ver. 4.00 available for download here.
We DO NOT RECOMMEND to upgrade your X-T2 until it is available at Fujifilm’s global site here, which currently still shows firmware ver. 3.00.
It looks like somebody at Fujifilm China has pushed the “publish” button too early.
Do NOT upgrade because:
- Fujifilm could find a last second bug before the official release, and hence fix the bug before the official launch
- If you download and install the Chinese X-T2 ver. 4.00 now, and if Fujifilm really finds a last second bug and delays firmware 4.00, once the official ver. 4.00 will be out, your camera could have problems to upgrade to the “official” ver. 4.00, since there could be a conflict and your X-T2 will say that firmware 4.00 is already installed.
- Wait… please wait… it can’t be long anymore… must be a matter of a few days
I do share the information here on FujiRumors about the Chinese firmware leak, because it includes the full list of features the X-T2 will get with firmware ver. 4.00.
FULL FIRMWARE UPDATE DETAILS:
X-T2 Firmware Upgrade (Version 4.00)
Firmware upgrade optimization content:
This firmware version updates the following
1. Add “bracketing focus” function
This update feature allows photographers to capture up to 999 surround-focus photos. When the photographer starts shooting, the focus position will be adjusted according to the set focus offset position (1 – 10) with each start of the shutter.
2. Compatible with newly developed camera lenses: Fujinon MKX18-55mmT2.9 and Fujinon MKX50-135mmT2.9
This upgrade will increase compatibility with newly developed Fujinon MKX18-55mmT2.9 lens and Fujinon MKX50-135mmT2.9 lens.
- The aperture information can be displayed on the display screen to facilitate the user to select the T value or F value.
- After this upgrade, the user will be able to check the focal length based on the distance parameters displayed on the monitor.
- Automatically correct distortion and color/brightness/shadows.
- The camera can automatically calculate the white balance based on the position of the lens and achieve color expression in the film simulation mode.
3. Can enlarge and customize parameter display or information
After this upgrade, users will be able to enlarge the parameter display or information in the viewfinder or LCD. In addition, users can customize the position of the information displayed on the display.
4. Added F-log SD card recording
After this upgrade, users can record F-log movie data to the SD card.
5. Added 1080/120P high speed video mode
After this upgrade, users can shoot 1080/120P high-speed video (1/2, 1/4 and 1/5 speed slow motion), which is very suitable for recording wonderful slow motion pictures.
6. Enhanced Phase Detection AF
The latest updates to the AF algorithm enhance the following features:
- The phase detection auto focus’s low brightness limit increases by approximately 1.5 stops (from 0.5EV to -1.0EV), improving the accuracy and speed of autofocus in low light conditions.
- The minimum aperture range extends from F8 to F11. For example, phase detection autofocus can now be used even when using an XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6R LM OIS WR lens with a telescopic extender XF2X TC WR installed.
- The AF-C performance at the time of zooming has been significantly improved, which is very advantageous for shooting other scenes where the motion picture and object motion are unpredictable.
- By improving the phase detection autofocus, fine surface textures of birds and wild animals can now be captured at high speed and with high accuracy.
7. Added “Go to screen flash” function.
In order to improve the quality of indoor sports photography, after this upgrade, users can reduce the flicker on the monitor when shooting under fluorescent light and other similar light sources.
8. Added “Select Folder” and “Create Folder” functions.
Allows the user to select the folder where subsequent photos are stored. Users can also enter a folder name containing 5 characters to create a new folder for subsequent pictures.
9. Supports backup/restore of camera settings via FUJIFILM X Acquire
After connecting the camera to a computer via a USB cable, users can back up camera settings to a file or restore camera settings from a file with “FUJIFILM X Acquire”. With “FUJIFILM X Acquire” (version 1.7 or later), custom registration/edit settings are also stored and read.