“Some rumors are entirely true. Others contain grains of truth; still others contain none at all. Plausible or implausible, truthful or false, rumors circulate because people are trying to get to the bottom of a matter.” KSENIJA BILBIJA (thx Eowyn ;-))
And now, let’s try satisfy our need to understand!
If rumors posted earlier today here are correct, next week we could have multiple announcements: the X100T, the 56mm f/1.2 APD and the 50-140 f/2.8 WR. But will Fujifilm have more to present at photokina? Now, here are 4 more rumors I’ve received from anonymous and new sources.
1) New flashes for Fuji X are on the way, coming “later this year“, probably presented at photokina (anonymous source)
2) Silver X-T1 (new source)
3) different body colours/textures for X-E2 (new source)
And for the fourth rumor, I need a quick introduction… and you SHOULD take it with the HOLY GRAIN OF SALT. You might remember that, back in June, I’ve spread rumors about a X-T1 upgrade (or limited edition). This rumor was wrong. Thanks to one of my sources, I was able to understand the dynamics of the leak, but I can’t share it here, of course.
But maybe (and I repeat, MAYBE), also that rumor contained a grain of truth. In fact, a new source shared the following information:
4) “There will be firmware improvements to the X-T1, but there will be a hardware improvement as well. A limited edition X-T1 will be available with it pre-installed but existing models could be upgraded with the money worth of new parts.” (new source)
That’s it, and remember, did you take the grain of salt?
Rumored X100T specs
(TS= trusted source / NeS =New Source / AS = Anonymous Source / SRP = source who was right in the past, but not yet trusted / ORS = other rumor sites)
– Announcement September 10 (TS)
– 16MP X-Trans sensor (TS)
– Name: Fujifilm X100T (TS + NeS + leaked by X-photographer David Hobby)
– APS-C (ORS)
– NO Tilt Screen (SRP)
– 23mm lens, 8 glass elements in 6 groups HTC-EBC coating (SRP)
– Improved HVF with Real-Time Parallax in OVF (NeS + AS)
– new EVF, better than X100S, but not as much as X-T1 (NeS + ORS)
– EVF specs: x0.67 magnification and horizontal apparent field of view of approx. 27°. (TS)
– faster AF than Fujifilm X100S (NeS + ORS)