Cactus just launched the Cactus RQ250, a palm-sized, 250Ws, Li-ion battery-powered TTL wireless monolight on kickstarter here.
“Compact, wireless, with TTL and HSS support for 8 camera brands including Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Sigma and Sony, this powerful light can change instantly from a round head diffusion disc flash to a bare-bulb flash.
The Cactus RQ250 is designed with location shooting in mind. Equipped with a magnetic flash head and bayonet mount, it makes mounting light modifiers as quick as a snap.”
What do you get in a Cactus RQ250 apart from the 250Ws power? Here is the list:
- Made-in-Japan capacitors to guarantee safety and reliability under intensive use
- 1.1s full power recycling time
- Detachable uni-body reflector head with frosted diffusion disc. No add-on reflector dome is needed, save space in your bag and allows you to shoot right away.
- Built-in magnetic system for clip-on modifier. No need to add additional magnetic adapter.
- 20W built-in modelling light and AF assist. No need to add external bracket.
- Circular light with nearly zero undesirable hot spot, which speedlight head or something similar cannot do.
- Extra low output of 1/512
- Cooling fan and thermal sensors to guarantee continuous shooting without overheat. No other light with similar size has anything similar.
- Aluminum reflector head and built-in bayonet mount which design and material used are the same as camera lens – top quality, quick, robust and durable.
- Colour mode to save your time in post-production.