I’ve waited a few days now, hoping for other trusted sources to confirm the following rumor. But they can’t, for now.
So, once again, we have to rely on what the top trusted Japanese source told me a few days ago.
I can’t wait further, so hold on tight now… time has come to share it with all of you!
The Japanese source told me that the X-T1 won’t have a double SD-card slot. The truth is that it will feature an improved SD-card memory system.
This means that the X-T1 will support the UHS-II SD-cards for super-fast writing speed. For example, the Toshiba Exceria Pro UHS-II SD Card writes at 240 MB/s! In comparison, the “fast” UHS-I Sandisk Extreme Pro writes at 90MB/s (95MB/s read rate)!
Also drastically improved, the burst mode! The X-T1 will be able to shoot with 8fps with AF tracking. I had to take a look at my X-E2 manual, and it says that the X-E2 achieves a maximum continuous shooting speed of 3 fps with AF tracking (7 without tracking).
Well, if true (I hope other trusted sources can confirm this soon), then this, my friends, will be a hell of a camera!
This is all I know from trusted sources for now… if anyone has some more information, please contact me via email or anonymously via rumor box.
Stay tuned on FR, on January 28th ! And, if it’s the camera that you want, consider to buy it through the shoplinks on this blog. FR will get a small commission. No extra costs for you and at the same time you’ll support this blog and allow me to keep you up to date with the X-world rumors and news. Thanks a lot.
At this point I believe that also the new source, who told me that the AF of the X-T1 will be faster than the AF of the X-E2 may have mixed up AF speed with writing speed. But it’s just my theory. So here is an updated specs list.
- announcement January 28th (trusted source)
- bigger (extra-large) and better (high performance) EVF / (trusted + anonymous sources)
- APS-C X-Trans sensor II (16MP) / (trusted + anonymous sources)
- support for the UHS-II SD-card for super-fast writing speed / (trusted sources)
- 8fps with AF tracking / (trusted source)
- weather sealed body / (trusted sources)
- name: X-T1 / (anonymous source + Fujifilm)
- FujicaST-like (SLR-type) design / (source who was right in the past, but not yet upgraded to trusted source)
- price range between X-E and X-PRO line / (new and anonymous sources)
- additional battery grip / (anonymous source)
- faster AF then X-E2 / (new source)
P.S.: in the meantime Fujifilm Middle East continues to tease that “something” that looks like a “shooting star” is “coming soon” from “somewhere out there”. To make it a bit clearer I modified their image :-)