Fujifilm GFX Shooting Review :: GFX Profoto and Miltiblitz Support :: Full Size and ISO 4000 Samples



Shooting Review: Fujifilm GFX System at bigheadtaco youtube. Some considerations out of his 50 minutes long video:

  • EVF is laggy in dark conditions [EVF refresh rate of GFX is 50 fps]
  • EVF sticks out, which is great, since your face/nose hardly touches screen
  • impressed with JPEG’s also whet it comes to highlight/shadow recovery
  • Play and Delete button in an odd spot
  • 63mm AF a little bit slow
  • 32-64 Take’s favorite lens. In good light it rarely missed and very quite. A lot faster AF than 63mm
  • if you are currently shooting high-end DSLRs for weddings, portraits, studio and you are considering buying the GFX, the GFX is an awesome choice.

P.S.: Take has excellent contacts with Fujifilm, and in the video he mentions the X70S, with a vague hint “if that comes out soon“. He also mentioned a Rangefinder styled GFX (which was mentioned first by a Fujifilm Manager here)

Another First Look: Fujifilm GFX 50S at atmtxphoto

Dpreview updated GFX Sample Gallery.


I’ve shared the rumor of Profoto support for Fuji last year here. In the last weeks, we could already see many X-photographers using Profoto with their GFX. I also just got further indications, that Profoto, Miltiblitz and other important flash manufacturers are now or will soon work on the protocols that will add full support for the GFX. HSS up to 1/4000 should be possible.

Fujifilm GFX USA BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS EU: AmazonDE, AmazonUK, WexUKParkCamerasUKPCHstore AUS: CameraPro


These are samples shared over at the Fujifilm GFX facebook group

Tom Museeuw – image shared here: Rosalinde Fujifilm GFX50s & GF120mm F4 (Jpeg edit)
1/80, F4.5, ISO 800, GF120mm

_ _ _

Sebastian Lee – image shared here
From a test shoot earlier this month. 120mm, 1/125, F11, ISO 50. Lit with Profoto B1’s. Fullsize JPG link here.

_ _ _

Jeroen Selderslaghs – image shared here: First serious photoshoot with the GFX 50S. Reliable autofocus in low light conditions is good news. ISO performance at 4000 is still very useful. It was near dark so i had no choice then high iso to get enough ambiant light at a decent shutter speed

_ _ _

Tinnapho: p Tonitiwong – shared here: Fujifilm GFX 50S + all 3 GF lenses. Sony A7RII + 24-70mm f2.8 GM size comparison


RoboSHOOT Plus Released with Fuji HSS/TTL Support :: How Fujifilm Survived the Digital Age :: GFX and X100F First Looks & More


How Fujifilm Survived the Digital Age

How Fujifilm survived the digital age with an unexpected makeover. See the video at video.toggle: “min 35:00 – “I had announced that we would protect the photograph culture. No matter how small it gets…we might downsize production, but we would keep the culture alive and protect it. The culture of photographs is one that mankind can do without…No matter what we will not get rid of photography.”

Fujifilm GFX
BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS

  • Shooting in the real world with the Fujifilm GFX 50S at gardnercreative: “I can’t recall anything which is quite as creamy and detailed with such a lack of noise at 3200iso.”
  • Fujifilm at the CP+. Report by the Polish site optyczne (tranlsation)… and what a queue for the GFX (70 minutes of waiting!)
  • FUJIFILM GFX 50S Impressions / X-Series thoughts…more at fujixphotoworkshops
  • Night Photography with the GFX at purephotography (SOOC + Crops)

Something to Read for the Weekend? Then Click READ MORE

** CLICK HERE to Read the Rest of the Article **

Dear FUJIFILM, We Decided: These Are the 6 X-Mount Lenses You Should Make Next


The Future APS-C Lenses We Want!

You Guys Rock!!!

Over 10,000 of you voted in just 3 days at our ultimate “future X-mount lenses” Poll… as usual, you guys do not disappoint when it comes to giving Fujifilm your feedback :-)

Your open discussions and massive votes in polls make the FujiRumors Community an unmatched source of online user feedback for Fujifilm…. so no surprise that your suggestions and comments not only have already been publicy shown at offical Fujifilm press events, but have also influenced Fujifilm’s decisions.

So let’s continue this tradition of giving Fujifilm Managers our feedback, and share with them our top 6 APS-C lenses on the wishlist.


  1. Fujinon XF 8-16mm f/2.8 (26%)
  2. Fujinon XF 33mm f/1 (23%,)
  3. Fujinon XF 16-75mm f/4 (12%) * NOTE: there were also many votes (8%) for the XF15-90mmF4, which is quite similar. So overall we can say that a XF16-80mmF4 would get about 20% of the preferences, which is why I placed it on the 3rd position.
  4. Fujinon XF 35mm f/1.4 MK II (18%)
  5. Fujinon XF 18mm f/2 MK II (14%)
  6. Fujinon XF 105mm f/2 Macro (14%)


  1. Fujinon XF 33mm f/1.0 (23%)
  2. Fujinon XF 35mm f/1.4 MK II (18%)
  3. Fujinon XF 105mm f/2 Macro (14%)


  1. Fujinon XF 8-16mm f/2.8 (26%)
  2. Fujinon XF 16-75mm f/4 (12%) * NOTE: there were also many votes (8%) for the XF15-90mmF4, which is quite similar. So overall we can say that a XF16-80mmF4 would get about 20% of the preferences.
  3. Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 MK II (10%)

Considerations… and that 33/1, C’mon Fuji!!!

The overall Top Wish, the 8-16/2.8, is on Fuji’s internal roadmap and should come after the 80mm according to this rumor. The official updated roadmap, released just a few days ago, mentions only an “ultra wide angle zoom” for 2018. So, well done, Fuji, you’ll make many of us happy :-)

Sadly, the XF33mmF1.0 has apparently been scratched, according to this rumor. Let’s just hope, that the overwhelming result this lens got in our poll will help Fujifilm to reconsider their position. C’mon Fuji… it’s clear we want that lens!!!

So, dear Fujifilm, we evidently want the 33/1 even more badly than the “telephoto prime lens” in your new roadmap (the 200mm is Nr. 14th on the wish list, with 8% of the votes). Sure, the 200 closes a gap in the line-up, but the 33/1 should have priority anyway… so says the X-community.

The XF18mmF2 MK II is another top wish, and, according to this rumor, it is indeed on Fujifilm internal roadmap, but not yet on the official one.

An honourable mention goes to the 18mm Tilt Shift lens, which is 9th out of 30 lenses, and would have probably gathered even more votes if it was a 14mm lens.

I have no information about the other top lenses lenses in your wish-list. If I hear anything, I’ll let you know on fujirumors.com…. and if anyone out there can help, well, you can use the 100% anonymous rumor box to contact me (would be great if you could use a nick name) or via email at fujirumor@gmail.com.

have a great weekend :) ,
Fuji X Forum, Facebook, RSS-feed and Twitter


Fujifilm Manager: “Next Generation APS-C Sensor Will Still be X-Trans. Mirrorless Will Maybe Beat DSLR’s In Every Aspect With Next Processor / Sensor Generation”


DPreview interviewed well-known Fujifilm Managers Toshihisa Iida, Makoto Oishi and Shinichiro Udono.

The focus of the interview is on the GFX, but they also talk about the APS-C line, the MK Cine Lenses, and the new X100F.

And one thing we can say for sure now: there will be an X-Trans IV sensor in the next generation APS-C cameras.

  • Future GF Lens requests from photographer: telephoto lenses, in the 200-300mm range. Wide-angle, like a 15mm equivalent, and an equivalent to the 70-200mm on full-frame.
  • In order to beat DSLR’s, Mirrorless has to improve speed and viewfinder blackout. “Maybe one more processor and sensor generation should be enough to make mirrorless beat DSLRs in every respect”.
  • With the new MK cine lenses “we’re looking at a new kind of video customer, who’s getting into the market via mirrorless. Mostly they’re using SLR lenses, which aren’t perfect. So a lot of those customers are looking for more affordable cinema lenses.”
  • X100F same lens of X100/S/T: We looked into whether we should change it, but it would have affected the size of the camera, and we concluded that the form-factor is one of the most important selling-points of the X100 series.
  • Q: Will X-Trans continue in the next generation of APS-C sensors? A: For APS-C, definitely. For the GFX format, we’ll probably continue with the conventional bayer pattern. If you try to put X-Trans into medium format, the processing gets complicated, and the benefit isn’t very big. X-Trans is a 6×6 filter arrangement, not 4×4, it’s something like a 20-30% increase in processing requirement.

Full interview at dpreview

Fujifilm GFX: USA BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS EU: AmazonDE, CalumetDE AmazonUK, WexUK, ParkCamerasUK, PCHstore AUS: CameraPro
Fujifilm X100F: USA: BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS EU: AmazonDE, AmazonUK, WexUK, PCH AUS: CameraPro