Let’s be clear… this is not really a rumor, but the conclusions of the Spanish site dslrmagazine (google translation) after having had a talk with the Fuji Manager at the CP+ in Japan. They tried to read “between the lines” of his statements, and came to the following conclusions:
1) HYBRID VIEWFINDER: The XF 35mmF2 looks a lot like the Leica Summicron-M 50mmF2 [admin: let’s just hope it won’t be that expensive!!!… even with the [shoplink 32741 ebay]terrfic price drop at cameraland right now on the 50mm Summicron APO[/shoplink], this lens is worth about 1/3 of my yearly teachers salary!!… though this version costs “just” $2,100 (discounted)]. But back to the XF 35mmF2: the compact size makes it perfect for cameras with Hybrid Viewfinder – ERGO: the X-PRO2 will feature a Hybrid Viewfinder. In the interview, the manager also said that customers demand to keep the X-PRO1 concept. DSLRmagazine thinks that this statement is another hint for an X-PRO2 with Hybrid Viewfinder.
2) MORE COMPACT: After the talk with the manager, DSLRmagazine concludes that the X-PRO2 will have the elegance and great operability of the Leica CL… it won’t be as small as the Leica CL, but smaller than the actual X-PRO1.
3) X-TRANS: It will have an evolution (not revolution) of the X-TRANS sensor.
4) Not X-PRO2 related, but the manager says that the 56 APD version isn’t really selling well. You can find a [shoplink 32731 ebay]BIG $300 price drop on the 56mmAPD at cameraland[/shoplink].
5) The X-M line is dead. Long live the X-A line!
FujiRumors says: HVF is a must, X-Trans evoltutions sounds interesting… but smaller? What do you think? Should the X-PRO2 keep the X-PRO1 size or become smaller?
P.S.: Thanks Trenton ;)
FYI, here is the rumored X-PRO2 spec list
Fujifilm X-PRO2 rumored specs list
(TS= trusted source / NeS =New Source / AS = Anonymous Source / ASwN = anonymous source with nick-name / SRP = source who was right in the past / ORS = other rumor sites)
– APS-C sensor (TS + ASwN + AS)
– 24MP sensor (ASwN) – More than 16MP (ASwN)
– dual SD card slot
– coming late 2015 (TS + ASwN)
– tilt screen (AS)
– WiFi (AS)
– Non organic ASP-C X-Trans sensor (ORS)
– Price about 20% to 30% more expensive than the X-T1 (AS)