Our Spanish friends at Fujistas summed it up nicely:
- 24 winners were selected
- only 8 of the 24 images were taken with mirrorless cameras
- 13 images were taken with DSLRs
- Fujifilm takes represents 10% of the winning images share
- it was not possible to look into the EXIF of all images
The gap between mirrorless and DSLR is getting smaller and smaller. Here is the comparison to the previous years:
- 2022: 54,1% DSLR – 33,3% MILC
- 2021: no data
- 2020: 64.3% DSLR – 23.7% MILC
- 2019: 71.1% DSLR – 4.4% MILC
- 2018: 83.5% DSLR – 11.3% Mirrorless
- 2017: 88.8% DSLR – 5.55% Mirrorles
And yet, there are still plenty of DSLR users out there. At some point they might switch to mirrorless, too. And hopefully the Fujifilm X and GFX systems will be able to attract many of them.
With that out of the way, let me say the most important thing: congratz to ALL the winners. I will share the awarded images taken with Fujifilm gear down below. But make sure to check them out all at the dedicated World Press Photo 2022 page.