Vote the Top Fujifilm GFX Camera You Want in 2023
Just as we did for the top X series camera wish for 2023, we now launch the same survey for the GFX series.
Sure, there are not so many options in this case, since at the moment we have 3 different camera bodies: the GFX100 with integrated battery grip, the GFX100S/50SII and the GFX50R.
And considering that Fujifilm has even stated that they no longer see the need for a GFX50R successor (although later on other managers expressed their wish for that line to continue), we risk to remain with even less options in future.
But this is our space. Here we can wish whatever we want. So I will add a few options that are not impossible for Fujifilm to manufacture (leaving out the modular GFX, as that one needs the global shutter, and that seems to be still far away to become a regular feature in digital cameras).
So we will vote on the following cameras, assuming Fujifilm would use the latest generation sensors (which are the 26MP stacked and 40MP non-stacked sensors we find on our APS-C cameras, just the bigger MF version of it)
- Fujifilm GFX100S with stacked sensor and PSAM Dial
- Fujifilm GFX150S with non-stacked 150MP sensor and PSAM Dial
- Fujifilm GFX100T with stacked sensor and RETRO Dials (basically an X-T* with GFX sensor, as shown by Fuji’s own mock-up here)
- Fujifilm GFX150T with non-stacked 150MP sensor and RETRO Dials (basically an X-T* with GFX sensor, as shown by Fuji’s own mock-up here)
- Fujifilm GFX100R with stacked sensor (rangefinder styled)
- Fujifilm GFX150R with non-stacked 150MP sensor (rangefinder styled)
- Fujifilm GFX100 with stacked sensor and integrated battery grip
- Fujifilm GFX150 with non-stacked 150MP sensor and integrated battery grip
And because it fits with our wishlist article today, I will share a mock-up made by Aperture Value on how he imagines the next Fujifilm GFX camera. You can see his video that includes the mock-ups down below.