_ _ _
According to a source, who was right in the past (thanks!), the Fujifilm X-PRO2 will come in January.
– – – End of the rumor – – –
There is the CES from the 6th to 9th of January. So maybe Fujifilm will show the X-PRO2 there. Or maybe there will be a separate announcement, like it was for the X-T1, which skipped the CES and was announced just a few weeks later at the end of January.
Anyway, we now have at least a first important hint, that the X-PRO2 will see the light exactly 4 years after the X-PRO1.
But this rumor makes me think… where is the Sony A7000 with its new APS-C sensor? SAR says it will come within a month. So. if the agreements between Sony and Fuji did not change, then Fuji has to wait about half a year before implementing the Sony A7000 sensor (with Fuji’s X-Trans CFA array) in the X-PRO2. In this case, the X-PRO2 could be announced in January, but not be available before mid March or mid April.
Or wait…. maybe… maybe the X-PRO2 will feature another sensor?
Take the usual grain of salt, but yes… it seems that we could pretty soon be relieved of a long wait and years of X-PRO2 rumor hunting could be over in Janaury… lucky me!
I admit I’m pretty exhausted… but with the power of the coffee I’ll keep it up with the rumor work until the end… burn out or not ;) .
Every help I can get from you out there is highly appreciated. You can send me emails at firstname.lastname@example.org (also using a fake email) or 100% anonymously via rumor box (but please use a nick-name, so that I can eventually recognize you if you share rumors in future)
Now where did I put my coffee? I have to fire off some emails!
Rumored Specs List (TS= trusted source / NeS =New Source / AS = Anonymous Source / SRP = source who was right in the past / OS = other sites)
– APS-C sensor (TS + AS + AS)
– 24MP sensor (AS) – More than 16MP (AS)
– 1/8000 of a second mechanical shutter speed (TS)
– Sync Speed faster than 1/180th (SRP)
– about the same size of current X-PRO1 (NeS)
– dual SD card slot (NeS)
– coming late 2015 (TS + AS)
– delayed to 2016 (TS)
– coming in January 2016 (SRP)
– weather sealed (TS)
– Two X-PRO2 version, one 24MP APS-C and one 25-27 MP ASP-X, compatible with XF/XC lenses (OS)
– coming September / October (OS + OS)
– tilt screen (AS)
– WiFi (AS)
– Non organic ASP-C X-Trans sensor (OS)
– Price about 20% to 30% more expensive than the X-T1 (AS)
– 4K video (TS + NeS)
– Faster Processor EXR III (TS)
– smaller than X-PRO1 (OS)