2020 Gear of the Year
It’s that time of the year, when blogs and youtube channels declare their best gear of the year.
Now it’s time for a roundup what all others consider their top and flop gear 2020.
The Fujifilm X-T4 is the best camera 2020 winner for CineD, Techradar, ePhotozine and also according to the German Stiftung Warentest, which is the go-to source for independent and competent reviews in Germany.
One prominent exception: Tony Northrup says the X-T4 the biggest disappointment of 2020. Why? You’ll find his video below. He might not like the X-T4, but he appreciates the X-S10, which Tony delcars the best camera below $1,000.
The Fujinon XF 50mm f/1.0 R WR is second best for Techradar and BH Explora.
- XF50mmF1.0: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- Fujifilm X-S10: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Moment, Focuscamera
- Fujfiilm X-T4: BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
Fujifilm has released firmware 1.02 for Fujifilm X-S10 cameras.
Fujifilm X-S10 firmware 1.02 – download here
The firmware update Ver.1.02 from Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issue:
- In case that AUTO is selected by the Mode Dial or AUTO is selected in MIN. SHUTTER SPEED of ISO setting, the shutter speed setting is changed to avoid a blur image caused by hand shaking and/or moving subjects.
- ELECTRONIC LEVEL can be used when AUTO is selected by the Mode Dial.
- Fix of a minor bug.
Make sure to….
DPReview has published their Fujifilm X-S10 review and gives it a silver award with an 86% overall score.
Here are their conclusions and what they liked and not.
What DPR likes
Also, he shared an X-S10 shooting impression as well as a more detailed comparison of X-S10 vs Sony A7C for vlogging.
You’ll find the first video in summary format below, as well as all the videos.