Fujifilm to release firmware update for the FUJIFILM X-T3
Enabling video shooting control from Gimbal / Drone and offering other feature enhancements
November 13, 2019
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) plans to release a series of firmware updates for the FUJIFILM X-T3 (hereinafter “X-T3”), starting in mid-December 2019. The updates reflect requests of additional features and operability improvement, received from users of the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras.
The upcoming update will enable controls for video recording from Gimbal / Drone via USB communications. You can combine the X-T3 with a Gimbal / Drone that supports this function to significantly broaden your shooting options. FUJIFILM is in communication with SZ DJI Technology Col, Ltd.* and ZHIYUN** (listed in the alphabetical order) about their plan to release compatible products. Fujifilm also plans to deploy this function to the FUJIFILM X-T30 and other models. Further firmware updates in the future will bring autofocus enhancement and other improvements to the X-T3.
■ Firmware update for the X-T3, due to be released in December 2019
Firmware version: FUJIFILM X-T3（Ver. 3.10）
Gimbal / Drone support***
This firmware adds the following function to complement the current support for still image shooting via USB communications:
- Starting and ending video recording
- Adjusting exposure settings (exposure mode, shutter speed, aperture, ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation) for video recording
- Making manual focus adjustments
■ Firmware update for the X-T3, due to be released in January 2020
Firmware version: FUJIFILM X-T3（Ver. 3.20）
1. Enhanced autofocus
- Improving the tracking performance of the eye AF frame, making it easier to attain accurate autofocus on the eyes
- Improving face-detection performance when there are faces of different sizes within the same frame, making it easier to attain accurate autofocus
- Improving autofocus capability on a foreground subject even when there is a mixture of foreground and background subjects within a frame, causing the foreground subject to go out of focus, e.g. when shooting flowers against a busy background
2. Capability to save up to 9,999 pictures in each folder
Until now, the number of pictures that can be saved in a folder on an SD card was limited to 999. This update will raise the limit by ten times to 9,999 pictures.
Follow FujiRumors on Facebook, Instagram, RSS-feed, Youtube, Flipboard and Twitter.
- X-T3 body only (save $200): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- X-T3 + XF56mm F1.2 R (save $500): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- X-T3 + XF16mm F1.4 R WR (save $500): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- X-T3 + XF10-24mm F4 R OIS (save $500): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
Rumors and Discussions
Stay in the Loop
* SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd.
*** USB-based communications