The reason, so I have been told, is that the location of the lens release button on the Fujifilm X-Pro3 is too close to the bayonet.
Here is what Viltrox writes.
1) Kind Reminder for Fujifilm X-Pro3 Users:
For the sake of your camera, it would be better not use Viltrox 23mm, 33mm or 85mm X mount lens onto Fujifilm X-PRO3 model in case it will damage your camera. Due to the structural conflict, they will scratch a little bit against each other. We apologize for any inconvenience caused!
2) Lens Profiles of Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 STM(E) Lens
For your convenience of lens corrections on Photoshop or Lightroom, we have uploaded Lens Profiles of Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 STM(E) Lens on Vitlrox website www.viltrox.com (Home – Download – Firmware – Upgrading
Let’s hope the upcoming Tokina equivalent X mount lenses won’t have this problem.
Down below you can see the original statement document shared by Viltrox.
- Viltrox 23mm f/1.4 AF: AmazonUS, BHphoto, Adorama, eBay
- Viltrox 33mm f/1.4 AF: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, eBay
- Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 AF: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- Fujifilm X-Pro3: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, FocusCamera
Our Owners Groups
- Fujifilm GFX User Group
- Fujifilm X-T User Group
- Fujifilm X-H User Group
- Fujifilm X-E User Group
- Fujifilm X-Pro User Group
- Fujifilm X100 line Group
Our Facebook Pages