Fringer EF-GFX Pro Smart AF Adapter Firmware 1.10 Released
Firmware v1.10 is released for Fringer EF-GFX Pro (FR-EFTG1). Updating your adapter is highly suggested.
Main improvements include:
- Added following lenses to the tested and optimized lens list:
- Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF)
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM + 1.4X
- Canon EF 300mm f/4L USM
- Canon EF 300mm f/4L USM + 1.4X
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L USM
- Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM S013
- Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM S013 + 1.4X
- Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM S013 + 2X
- Issue fixed: Lens names recorded in EXIF for the following lenses are not accurate.
- Bug fixed for EF85/1.4L IS: In some circumstances AF search may be very slow.
- Software switch functions added. When connected to a computer through a USB cable, there is a file named SETTINGS.INI in the root folder of the adapter. It’s in format of ordinary INI files. Don’t modify it unless you know how to do that. If you want to restore it to default, just remove it. The adapter will re-generate it when the next time it works on a camera body.
- Focus bracketing support added. By default, it isn’t turned on. To turn it on, edit SETTINGS.INI and change the value of “FocusBracketing=” from 0 to 1.
- When setting focus range and begin position, don’t manually turn focus ring! Always use AF to drive focus point to the position you want. Or the focus bracketing function may not work properly.
- When “FocusBracketing=” is set to 1 in the SETTINGS.INI, the adapter is set to native mode and some functions of the camera may change, such as the 35mm auto mode will not crop automatically, IBIS may not work properly any more, etc.
- User option for power-off behavior added. On one hand, some lenses with external focus design such as some STM lenses may not be convenient to be stored in a bag when its AF isn’t on infinity. Moving AF to infinity automatically when powering off (or switching to playback mode) is preferred. On the other, some of them, e.g. EF85/1.2L II, may have very heavy front elements so that the experience of moving it to/from infinity every time switching the camera to/from playback mode is really bad. Thus, it’s better to let the user decide. We have added an option item named “PowerOffInfinity” to SETTINGS.INI. Default value (0): only some STM lenses, EF50/1.4, Sigma 70/2.8 ART, etc. will be moved to infinity when powering off/switching to playback mode. Value 1: all lenses will be moved to infinity.
Please download the firmware file and its release notes from the Fringer website here. Follow the instructions in the release notes or users manual to update your adapter. To understand the new features better, you may also refer to the new version of users manual.
The GFX Community
Follow FujiRumors: Facebook, Flipboard, Instagram, RSS-feed, Youtube and Twitter