Fujifilm Clip-in Filters
STC Optics, an Asian brand that manufactures various kinds of filters, said that clip-in filters for Fujifilm X series cameras are “coming soon“. In the video above they also show a clip filter for GFX, but so far no indications about it on their website.
As far as I know, STC Optics would be the first brand to release such filters for Fujifilm cameras. Other well known brands include Astro Hutech and Astronomik.
The fact that you attach the filter in front of the sensor instead of on in front of the lens, gives several advantages:
- no need to buy big filter holders for lenses with protruding lens elements, such as fisheye-lenses for Fujifilm X or lenses like the Fujinon XF 8-16mmf/2.8
- one filter works for all lenses, no matter what the lens filter size is
- saves you money, since you do not have to buy lots of different filters
- they are a good replacement for HSS (see video below)
STC Optics offers ND 16, 64, 400 and 1000.
This is a good news for Fujifilm users, because Fujifilm cameras are very good for astro work, due to their superior sensitivity to some wavelengths (like hydrogen alpha, that most of the nebulae are made of) and good ISO performances.
- Join our NEW Fujifilm Astrophotography Group
thanks to the FR-reader for the information about these filters
Product Details and Videos
- Made for Canon, Nikon, SONY, Fujifilm and PENTAX camera bodies used clip filter, and the color shift issue that may occur due to the wide angle SLR lens in peripheral areas of the image also can be solved
- Mounting and removing the Clip-Filter is quick and easy.
- The material is A2 stainless steel which is virtually non-magnetic and less brittle at low temperatures.
- High-quality double-sided NANO Anti-smudge coating build excellent performance on waterproof and grease-proof
Made for the Canon (Full-Frame DSLR / APS-C DSLR), Nikon (Full-Frame DSLR), SONY (α7 series, α9 / E-mount APS-C MILC), Fujifilm (X-series APS-C MILC) and PENTAX (APS-C DSLR) camera bodies.
Specially designed Clip-shaped structure could be easily imbedded and firmly stabilized while attaching the lens on camera body. Therefore, the paralleled focal plane could ensure focusing performance clearly. The color shift issue that may occur due to the wide angle SLR lens in peripheral areas of the image also can be solved.
The material of Clip Filter is black anodized 304 stainless steel which is virtually non-magnetic and less brittle at low temperature. Various kinds of glasses can be replaced in the sophisticated frame, including Astro filter, infrared filter UV-IR CUT filter and ND filter. More creative images can be discovered by your photographer’s eye.
Check out the STC Optics website for more details.