We already told you in this article, that Sirui has launched its new 50mm anamorphic lens on Indiegogo.
Now Cinema5D reviewed this lens used on the Fujifilm X-T3.
An anamorphic lens for $700… is this too good to be true? Here is what Cinema5D says (video below).
- X-T3 does not have a build-in way to de-squeeze the anamorphic image
- he is deeply impressed by build and image quality of the Sirui
- picture retains sharpness even wide open. Sometimes it is even too sharp
- for $700 only, there is nothing like the Sirui on the market
- minimum focus distance of 85 cm (33 inch) is a big limitation
- also he wishes it was a 35mm lens, and not 50mm
- Sirui announced they will try to make a lens with a wider field of view
- it’s an APS-C lens
- it’s a 1.33x times lens, hence it’s perfect for 16:9 sensors
- the flair is settled and relaxed
- bokeh works well too
- focus breathing is very minimal
Don’t forget to…