DPReview and Lenstip Fujinon XF16-80mm f/4 Reviews
DPReivew says about the Fujinon XF16-80mm f/4:
- at 80mm corners are a little bit soft even at f/8
- at 40mm corner performance improves
- at 16mm corners fall apart again, even at f/8
- center looks very sharp
- minimal chromatic aberration. Incredibly well controlled
- OIS works great, very impressive. It keeps what it promises
- for video, corner sharpness is not so important if you shoot 16:9. OIS is impressive. Great manual focus ring and very minimal breathing
- 16-80 has great OIS for low light
- nice rounded bokeh, pretty impressive. Nice rounded. But quite some onion rights. So it’s a mixed bag. Good, but not the best they have seen on zooms
- amazing close focus capabilities
- AF is fast
- F/4 is great choice length for such a lens
- great for travels and video
- overall a very convenient lens
Follow FujiRumors on Facebook, Instagram, RSS-feed, Youtube, Flipboard and Twitter.
- solid, weather-sealed casing,
- very good image quality in frame centre,
- sensible image quality on the edge of the frame in the 16-50 mm range,
- imperceptible longitudinal chromatic aberration,
- better correction of lateral chromatic aberration than in the case of direct rivals,
- slight coma,
- silent, very quick, and accurate autofocus,
- very efficient image stabilization.
- weak image quality on the edge of the frame at 80 mm,
- distinct astigmatism at 80 mm,
- huge distortion in RAW files,
- distinct vignetting in RAW files,
- performance against bright light could have been better.
You can read the full review at lenstip here.
XF16-80mm f/4: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
More Fujinon Lens Reviews
- keithwee – A 2019 Review of the Fujinon XF200mm F2 | Monster Performance
- keithwee – A portrait session in Singapore’s Southern Islands with the Fujinon XF200mm f2 and XF23 f1.4.
- dustinabbott – Fujinon XF 90mm F2 review
- philipsuttonphotography – Fuji XF 16-55 F2.8 Zoom – A Long Term Perspective!
- dslr-forum.de – XF16-80 report in German