You can download ON1 Photo Raw 2018.5 here.
Joelwolfson (who just shared with us his guest post, “is Fujifilm X really a professional system“) has a first look on the new version of ON1 including a comparison between the in camera film simulation JPEG’s vs. the ON1 film simulation profiles. You can check it out at joelwolfson.com.
Key Features and Improvements
- Camera Profiles – Select the same looks you see on the back of your camera in ON1 Photo RAW 2018.5. Select from Natural, Portrait, Landscape, etc. depending on what your camera offers. These are not presets, they don’t adjust any of the sliders, and are non-destructive.
- LUTs in Effects- LUTs or Look-Up Tables are a favorite way to add matte, vintage or cinematic color grading looks. These are available inside of Effects in version 2018.5. The common .3DL and .CUBE formats found online can also be imported into Photo RAW 2018.5. LUTs will work like any of the current filters in Effects.
- Improved Brushing Performance – Brushing with the Masking Brush is more fluid and responsive, especially on Windows computers with large or high-dpi displays.
- Transform Pane Enhancements – The Transform pane in Develop includes new tools to correct perspective and rotation issues. A new grid makes it easier to visualize results.
- Faster Film Strip for Culling – Using the Filmstrip in Develop and Effects is now just as fast as it is in Browse. You can also perform your editing and culling tasks like ratings, labels, rotate and delete, while you are adjusting your raw processing.
- RAW+JPG – If you shoot RAW and JPG at the same time, you can collapse and hide the JPG copy, so your library isn’t cluttered. Any metadata or file changes you make are mirrored to the JPG seamlessly.
- Manage & Organize Presets – Ability to better organize presets into a nested category structure and to move, rename, delete, and nest presets and categories.
- Nested Albums – Nest albums or photos inside of other albums. If you are migrating from Lightroom, your nested albums are brought over by the Lightroom migration assistant.
- Increased Stability – Significant under the hood stability improvements are in 2018.5.
- Background Export – Exporting is processed in the background so customers can continue to work on another job without having to wait for the export to finish.
- New Cameras & Lenses – Includes new cameras and lenses. The list includes support for Fujifilm® X-A5, Fujifilm X-H1, Sony® A7 III, and many others.