Fujifilm unveils the new development roadmap for interchangeable lenses for the GFX Series of mirrorless digital cameras incorporating large format sensors
Establishing a lineup of 13 GFX lens to further expand the fields of photography in ultra-high image quality
Tokyo, January 23, 2020 — FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) has announced a new development roadmap for interchangeable GF lenses for use with the GFX Series of mirrorless digital cameras, which incorporate the large format sensors*, approximately 1.7 times larger than the 35mm full-frame image sensor.Newly added to the development roadmap this time are the large-diameter standard lens “FUJINON Lens GF80mmF1.7 R WR” (GF80mmF1.7 R WR) and the wide-angle prime lens “FUJINON Lens GF30mmF3.5 R WR” (GF30mmF3.5 R WR).
Since the launch of the FUJIFILM GFX 50S in 2017, Fujifilm has steadily expanded the lineup of GFX Series. In 2019, the company released the FUJIFILM GFX100 (GFX100), featuring the world’s highest** 102 million pixel sensor. There is a growing need for high-performance interchangeable lenses, which can bring out the GFX Series’ ultra-high resolution capability to the maximum extent. The latest move to add the GF80mmF1.7 R WR and GF30mmF3.5 R WR to establish a lineup of 13 GF lenses will cater to the diversifying users’ needs.
<New interchangeable lenses added to the roadmap>
(1) Large-diameter standard lens “FUJINON Lens GF80mmF1.7 R WR”
- The lens with the focal length of 80mm (equivalent to 63mm in the 35mm film format) and the maximum aperture of F1.7 is the brightest*** interchangeable lens for mirrorless digital cameras equipped with a large format sensor. It enables portraiture shooting with beautiful and creamy bokeh even in low light conditions.
- It boasts astonishing image quality comparable to the professionally-acclaimed large diameter mid-telephoto lens “FUJINON Lens GF110mmF2 R LM WR,” but offers an even wide angle of view with a compact and lightweight body.
(2) Wide-angle prime lens “FUJINON Lens GF30mmF3.5 R WR”
- The lens with the focal length of 30mm (equivalent to 24mm in the 35mm film format) is perfect for landscape photography. Offering ultra-high resolution capability despite its compact and lightweight body, the lens can bring out the full potential of the 102MP image sensor used in the GFX100.
Today, Fujifilm announced the launch of the standard zoom lens “FUJINON Lens GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR.” The company will continue to expand the lens lineup to broaden applications for the world of ultra-high image quality, sharing the joy and pleasure of photography.
- * An image sensor measuring 55mm diagonally (43.8mm x 32.9mm), with the area approx. 1.7 times that of a full-frame 35mm sensor.
- ** Applies to consumer mirrorless digital cameras. As of January 23, 2020. According to Fujifilm.
- *** As of January 23, 2020. According to Fujifilm.