The Fujinon XF 8-16mmF2.8 will ship at the end of November, and we have a few more reviews, unboxing and samples on the web.
The most comprehensive review has been shared by lenstip. Overall they think the lens price of $2,000 is not justified.
“After the test I find the number of small slip-ups of this lens a bit too high so, I suppose, only lowering of price can help. Of course it doesn’t change the fact the Fujinon remains a very well-done and optically good lens.”
Here are their Pros and Cons:
- huge, solid, weather-sealed casing,
- sensational image quality in the frame centre,
- sensible image quality on the edge of the frame in the 12–16 mm range,
- slight longitudinal chromatic aberration,
- low lateral chromatic aberration,
- silent and very fast autofocus.
- a bit too high coma,
- very high distortion for RAW files,
- significant vignetting for RAW files, resistant to stopping down.
Read the full review at lenstip here.
And here are a few more, including some roundups you might have missed.
- fujirumors – Fujinon XF200mmF2 and XF 8-16mm F2.8 First Looks
- fujirumors – Fujinon X F8-16mmF2.8 vs XF16mmF1.4 and XF200mmmF2 on Fujifilm X-T3
- fujirumors – Fujinon XF 8-16mm F2.8, XF 200mm F2, XF 16-80mm F4 Reviews, Samples and Thoughts
- fujirumors – Fuji Guys FUJINON XF 200mm f2 and XF 8-16mm f2.8 – First Look
- dpreview – Fujinon XF 8-16mm sample images
- bigheadtaco youtube – Fujinon XF8-16mmF2.8 unboxing