We have covered quite a few of those comparisons in earlier posts:
- read here – DPReview TV: Fujifilm X-T30 vs Sony a6400
- read here – Fujifilm X-T30 vs Sony A6400: DPReview Studio Scene Test, Cameralabs Comparison and More
- read here – Fujifilm X-T30 Beats Sony a6400 in Autofocus Stills Tracking, but Sony A6400 Better for Video and Vice Versa
Today we have Maarten Heilbron’s comparison as well as a couple of other Fujifilm X-T30 reviews, including autofocus tests and comparison with the Fujifilm X-T20.
Looking merely at the sales, the Sony A6400 seems to sell much better. Several Sony a6400 combos are in the top AmazonUS ranking, whereas the Fujifilm X-T30 is out of the top 100. Also BHphoto marks the Sony A6400 as top seller, and nothing for the Fujifilm X-T30.
- Fujifilm X-T30: BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS, FocusCamera
- Sony A6400: BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS, FocusCamera
Fujifilm X-T30 Review Roundup
- camerajabber – Fujifilm X-T30 review
- techradar – Fujifilm X-T30 vs X-T3: 12 key differences you need to know
Maarten Heilbron has published part 2 of his detailed X-T30 vs a6400 comparison, especially covering the video side of the cameras, as well as touch controls, focus settings, custom settings and the menu systems (video below).
You’ll find also part 1 embedded below.
From his conclusions:
- The Fujifilm X-T30 overheats after 28 minutes. At the same time, the Sony A6400 has not even the overheating warining displayed
- AF is excellent
- both offer best in clasee face detecion, but only Sony has selectable tracking
- very close in stills quality
- for video you might want Sony’s flippy screen, or prefer Fuji’s cinema settings and higher data rate