The beast is unleashed, and the Fujifilm X-T3 is out in the wild for testing.
One of the testers is Photogearnews and he gets the answer, why the Fujifilm X-T3 has no selfie screen.
A Fujifilm manager told him that, in order to implement the Fujifilm X-T100 selfie screen on the Fujifilm X-T3, they should have made either the camera thicker, or remove some ports (like the headphone jack for example).
They didn’t want to make the camera bulkier and not even remove ports, so they kept the 3-way tilt screen. And if people really want to see themselves while recording, they can add a second screen, which are becoming smaller and more affordable (check out minute 7:45)
I wonder what you guys think… do you agree with this choice? I will let you vote in a poll down below.
And here are other tidbits from his 18 minute review, that you can see here.
- eye/face detection test at minute 2:34 here
- single AF is very quick and very responsive (he didn’t test continous AF)
- face detection test while vlogging at minute 8:47 here
- see smooth exposure transition during video recording at minute 9:34
- he doesn’t notice any difference between X-T2 (made in Japan) and X-T3 (made in China) in terms of build quality
- Fujifilm X-T facebook group
- NEW – Fujifilm X-T facebook page
- Join FujiRumors on Facebook, Instagram, RSS-feed and Twitter