Fujifilm launches FUJINON Lens XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR
Fujifilm launches FUJINON Lens XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR
– A compact ultra-wide angle zoom lens with excellent optical performance
– Weather-resistant structure and optical image stabilization to produce high-quality images in a wide range of shooting scenes
– Broadening the joy of photography with the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras with advanced operability
TOKYO, October 15, 2020 — FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the launch of the ultra-wide angle zoom lens “FUJINON Lens XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR” (XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR) in late November 2020. The new lens joins the “XF Lens” lineup of interchangeable lenses for the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras, known for their compact and lightweight body and superior image quality based on the company’s proprietary color reproduction technology.
This is a compact lens that inherits the exceptional optical performance of the existing “FUJINON Lens XF10-24mmF4 R OIS” (the previous model) while newly adopting a weather-resistant structure. In addition, optical image stabilization and operability have been improved over the previous model for enhanced functionality and utility. It produces high-quality images in a wide range of shooting situations including landscape photography and snapshots.
The XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR covers focal lengths from the ultra-wide angle 10mm to wide angle 24mm (equivalent to 15mm – 36mm in the 35mm format). It is a versatile lens that caters to a wide variety of shooting scenes, with the ultra-wide angle side for dynamic expanses of sweeping landscape with exaggerated perspective, and the longer end of up to 24mm for snapshots and portrait photography. The lens inherits the popular previous model’s maximum aperture of F4.0 (across the entire zoom range) and advanced image-resolving performance, while adopting a weather-resistant structure to achieve dust- and moisture-resistance and ability to operate at temperatures of down to -10℃. Furthermore, the new lens offers 3.5-stops of image stabilization performance, a whole one-stop improvement over the previous model. Using advanced mechanical technology, it is 25 grams lighter than the previous model, making it a powerful tool for hand-held shooting. Its advanced utility is also backed by operability enhancements, including the introduction of the Auto-position lock on the aperture ring.
Fujifilm has also unveiled its latest development roadmap for XF lenses* today. The new roadmap shows basic specifications for a new large-diameter wide angle prime lens and a telephoto zoom lens, due to join the lineup in the future. Fujifilm will continue to deliver the joy of photography through its X Series of mirrorless cameras and an extensive 37-lens lineup of interchangeable lenses, presented in the roadmap.
- * Go to https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/products/x-mount-lens-roadmap/ to view the latest roadmap for XF lenses.
(1) Superior optical performance
- The new lens consists of 14 lens elements in 10 groups, including four aspherical elements and four ED elements. The design effectively controls spherical aberration and chromatic aberration, achieving edge-to-edge sharpness from the center to corners.
- The lens offers the maximum aperture of F4.0 across its zoom range from ultra-wide angle 10mm to wide angle 24mm (equivalent to 15mm – 36mm in the 35mm format). The constant aperture eliminates the need to adjust exposure settings at different angles of view, adding comfort to the shooting experience.
- With the minimum working distance of just 24cm, the lens is also suitable for macro photography. The lens can close in on a subject while capturing the background at the same time to create dynamic images that take maximum advantage of ultra-wide angle focal lengths.
(2) Highly robust design
- The lens is dust- and moisture-resistant, and it operates at temperatures of down to -10℃. Users can continue shooting even in light rain or in dusty outdoor conditions.
(3) Enhanced optical image stabilization combined with compact and lightweight design to assist hand-held shooting
- The use of a high-performance gyro sensor produces 3.5-stop image stabilization, which is improved by one-stop compared to the previous model. The combination of this lens and the mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T4,” which has in-body image stabilization, delivers up to 6.5 stops of five-axial image stabilization performance. This produces high-quality images even in situations prone to camera shakes in low light conditions, e.g. indoors or evening landscape.
- Advanced mechanical design technology has been applied to make the lens 25 grams lighter than the previous model. The focus ring and the zoom ring are also made smaller so that the lens fits comfortably in the hand while also sporting a stylish look, assisting hand-held shooting.
(4) Enhanced operability for ease of use
- This is the first XF lens with Auto-position lock, a popular feature of interchangeable lenses for Fujifilm’s GFX Series of digital cameras. It locks the aperture ring in place while taking photos to prevent unnecessary movements.
- This lens uses a new aperture ring with F-stop scale, so that users can visually check and adjust the F-stop value with ease.
(5) Fast and quiet AF
- The lens uses the Inner Focus system, which drives compact and lightweight focusing elements with a linear motor for fast and quiet AF. The lens also supports digital camera’s Face / Eye AF function to become a powerful tool in portrait photography, capturing a unique moment in the subject’s facial expressions.