Lewis Von John tries to answer one of the most asked questions these days: is it worth upgrading from the Sony A7rII to the Fujifilm GFX 50s? Of course everybody has its own answer, depending on your own the needs (and budget).
Anyway, Lewis is mainly a landscape photographer, and he’s out with his trusty Sekonic 748dr light meter, comparing the A7rII and GFX. Here are some of his considerations.
- Sony A7rII is a great camera, but no comparison to Fujifilm GFX
- Fujifilm GFX great battery life as opposed to the A7rII
- Better EVF for GFX
- GFX more robust.
- GFX build for professional use, feel great in the hand
- Sony feels more like a computer, completely different user experience
- Default standart colors are more vibrant and punchy on GFX, quite flat looking colors on the A7rII
- Lewis prefers the colors that come out of the box from the GFX
- images look really soft on the A7rII compared to the GFX
Lewis says he needs to do more testings, but from this first test, he would say the Fujifilm GFX wins hands down. You can check out the whole video, “Fujifilm GFX 50s or Sony A7R2, is it worth upgrading?” at Lewis Von John Youtube
- The following Music Video was filmed in 4K on an X-T2. Check it out at tristanwilliamsphotography
- Behind The Scene Tethered Shoot – Fuji X-T2 at Fabian Pourmand – Photographer youtube
- My Favorite L-Bracket For Fuji X-T2 With Battery Grip (Kirk Photo) at Finding Middle Earth youtube
- 7 Tips For Macro Photography With Fujifilm X Series at fujifilm-blog
- Fujifilm X-T1 Infrared at designboom
- How I use my Fujifilm X70 for street photography at anirbanchatterjee
- Fuji 18-55 XF Recommendations Etc. at ipcloud (NSFW)
- Fujifilm gear pack for New York City at ianmacdonaldphotography
- A Tribute to a Great Lens: The Samyang 12mm f/2.0 NCS CS (Long Term Review 2017) at roycruz