Fujifilm GFX 50R
The Fujifilm GFX 50R will be announced September 25th at 07:30 AM York time. That’s when Fujifilm has its press conference ahead of photokina.
Let’s start with the price.
I have it 100% confirmed by multiple trusted sources, that the Fujifilm GFX 50R will cost around $4,500. Forget the grain of salt… that’s a fact! ;)
The final price has not yet been set, but there won’t be huge variations from that “around $4,500” (the GFX 50S currently sells for $5,849 with a $650 discount).
And now the rest.
RUMORED BY FUJIRUMROS SOURCES
We already knew about the Fujifilm GFX 50R that:
- it will be rangefinder styled
- have an EVF only (thanks to leaked image)
And here is the new stuff. All trusted. No grain of salt needed.
- 2 way tilt screen (and not 3 way, like GFX 50S or Fujifilm X-T3)
- dual SD-card slot
- button layout/look similar to X-E3 (joystick etc), with a few differences, such as the MCS switch on the back of the camera instead than on the front like X-E3.
- no more “cooling box” (meaning the “brick” at the back of the LCD that the Fujifilm GFX 50S has)
Finally we will have the first rangefinder-styled Fujifilm with tilt screen :)
RUMORED BY CAMERABETA WEIBO (link here)
- same button layout as the X-E3, but with a larger size
- There is no ISO dial, only the shutter and exposure compensation dial
- This GFX-50R has no OLED shoulder screen
- equipped with a tilt screen, with a lever
- coming with a new 40mm pancake lens.
- the thickness will be less than 42mm
- the weight is below 800g
- the price is expected to be 3600 …
- [TO THE SOURCE WHO CONTATCTS ME ANONYMOUSY: can we talk via email? Would be great. email@example.com]