FUJIFILM GFX 50R and X-T30 crowned Winners at the 2019 TIPA World Awards
Tipa Awards 2019
We already questioned a few times, if these awards make sense, by disclosing how the award business works. But for some reason many Fujifilm X and GFX still rejoice when they read about Fujifilm winning an EISA, TIPA or whatever else award.
So I don’t want to be the spoilsport here, let’s just ignore it all and rejoice once again :).
Oh, and btw, don’t take any award seriously, that does not assign a price to the stellar FUJIFILM XF 200mm f/2 R LM OIS WR.
Here are all the winners:
- BEST APS-C CAMERA ADVANCED – Fujifilm X-T30
- BEST APS-C CAMERA EXPERT – Sony A6400
- BEST DSLR CAMERA – Nikon D3500
- BEST MFT CAMERA PROFESSIONAL – Olympus OM-D E-M1X
- BEST FULL FRAME CAMERA ADVANCED – Canon EOS RP
- BEST FULL FRAME CAMERA EXPERT – Nikon Z 6
- BEST FULL FRAME PROFESSIONAL CAMERA – Nikon Z 7
- BEST FULL FRAME PHOTO/VIDEO – Panasonic LUMIX S1
- BEST MEDIUM FORMAT CAMERA – Fujifilm GFX 50R
- BEST EXPERT COMPACT CAMERA – Ricoh GR III
- BEST SUPERZOOM COMPACT CAMERA – Sony RX100 VI
- BEST DSLR ULTRA WIDE PRIME LENS – Samyang XP 10mm f3.5
- BEST DSLR PRIME LENS – Sigma 40mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art
- BEST DSLR WIDE ANGLE ZOOM LENS – Tokina opera 16-28mm f/2.8 FF
- BEST DSLR TELEPHOTO ZOOM LENS – Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports
- BEST DSLR PROFESSIONAL ZOOM LENS – Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Sports
- BEST DSLR PROFESSIONAL PRIME LENS – Canon EF400mm f/2.8L IS III USM
- BEST APS-C MIRRORLESS PRIME LENS – Canon EF-M32mm f/1.4 STM
- BEST MIRRORLESS PRIME STANDARD LENS – Canon RF50mm F1.2 L USM
- BEST MIRRORLESS PRIME TELEPHOTO LENS – Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM
- BEST MIRRORLESS WIDE ANGLE ZOOM LENS – Nikon NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S
- BEST MIRRORLESS STANDARD ZOOM LENS – Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036)
- BEST MIRRORLESS PROFESSIONAL LENS – Sony FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS
- BEST PHOTO BAG – Lowepro Whistler BP450 AW II
- BEST FLASH SYSTEM – Godox WITSTRO AD400Pro
- BEST TRAVEL TRIPOD – Manfrotto Befree GT Carbon Fibre
- BEST INKJET PHOTO PAPER – Hahnemühle Photo Rag® Metallic
- BEST IMAGING SOFTWARE – Skylum Luminar 3
- BEST CAMERA ACCESSORY – Hoya Fusion One
- BEST IMAGING STORAGE SOLUTION – Sony SF-G series TOUGH Specification Cards
- BEST PORTABLE LED LIGHT – Metz Mecalight S500 BC
- BEST PROFESSIONAL TRIPOD – Uniqball iQUICK3Pod
- BEST PHOTO MONITOR LG – UltraFine Display 32UL950
- BEST BUDGET PHOTO MONITOR – BenQ SW240
- BEST PHOTO SMARTPHONE – Huawei P30 Pro
- BEST PROFESSIONAL VIDEO CAMERA – Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2
- BEST 360º CAMERA – Ricoh Theta Z1
- BEST PHOTO SERVICE – Cewe hexxas
- BEST DESIGN – Zeiss ZX1
- SPECIAL INDUSTRY AWARD – L-Mount Alliance
The Fujifilm winners:
- X-T30 (save $300 with f/2 lens): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS, FocusCamera
- GFX 50R: BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS, FocusCamera
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is delighted to announce two of its digital cameras have been crowned winners at the 2019 TIPA Awards.
Widely recognized as the most coveted photo and imaging awards worldwide, the FUJIFILM GFX 50R medium format mirrorless digital camera and the FUJIFILM X-T30 mirrorless digital camera were both winners in the categories of BEST MEDIUM FORMAT CAMERA and BEST APS-C CAMERA ADVANCED respectively at the 2019 Technical Image Press Association awards (TIPA) *.
The judges provided the following reasons for each product receiving the awards in their category:
FUJIFILM GFX 50R medium format mirrorless digital camera
Rangefinder Style, Lightweight and Powerful
Aimed at pros and advanced enthusiast photographers, the GFX 50R is equipped with an impressive 51.4MP 43.8 x 32.9 CMOS Sensor and powerful X-Processor Pro processing engine.
The camera supports FUJIFILM’s iconic Film Simulation modes plus optimizes light gathering performance and image resolution for precise reproduction of the subject’s look and feel.
Featuring a magnesium alloy body, the GFX 50R is weather-sealed in 64 places and is capable of operating in a wide temperature range.
Lightweight and compact for its class, it also features enhanced connectivity with Bluetooth for pairing with a smartphone or tablet via the Fujifilm Camera Remote app.
FUJIFILM X-T30 mirrorless digital camera
Compact and Versatile
This affordable APS-C X Series camera sports a 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor with a new X-Processor 4 Quad Core CPU that provides impressively fast AF and accurate face detection.
This compact and lightweight camera has numerous handling advancements, including a Focus Lever to quickly shift to a focus point and a very intuitive touch-screen panel.
The X-T30 appeals to video creators as well, offering UHD 4K or Full HD 1080p as well as high quality audio recording without the need for additional gear.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth V4.2 offers communication with the Fujifilm Camera Remote app.
FUJIFILM continues to work on the development of excellent products and services that address user needs, thereby contributing to the further development of photographic culture.
*TIPA (Technical Image Press Association) is one of the most powerful and influential photographic industry organizations in the world with membership from 30 photo and imaging magazines in 14 countries, across five continents. Every year, it reviews image-related products released in Europe and awards the best product in each category.