Bigheadtaco Interview with Fuji Guy Billy
Bigheadtaco had a 1 hour talk with Fuji Guy Billy. If you have no time at the moment to watch it all, I made a summary for you guys (you’re welcome ;) ). For the full video click here… but you should really check out the whole interesting interview as soon as you find some time.
- X-T2 has huge demand [NOTE: we noted this… it’s still backordered at a lot of stores :( ]
- X100F sensor is more power-hungry, hence they needed to put in the bigger NP-W126s batteries
- the WCL/TCL MK II has magnets that allows the camera to detect if the WCL or TCL is attached. The old converters also work, but you have to select in the menu if the WCL or TCL is attached
- 4K: to get close to the F-Log profile for color grading, dial down highlight + shadow tone to -2 and sharpness down to -4, it’s pretty close to the flat F-Log profile (for max. dynamic range recovery capability you still need F-Log)
- 4K on X-T20 you lose some resolution, because it has no crop (X-T2 has crop) but has a half line skip (min 14:55)
Firmware Update for X-Pro2?
- The half line skipping when shooting 4K allows the X-T20 to shoot 4K without overheating. Take asks Billy if this could be implemented to the X-Pro2 via Firmware update. Billy answers: “I hope so, it’s something I’m pushing all the time. I don’t understand why the X-Pro2 has no 4K like X-T20, since there is a solution for that. I’m fighting for that in Japan.“
- Personal Note: Thanks Billy for your efforts to support us and make pressure on Fujifilm… we all send you a virtual hug :)
- 2.5 years ago Fujifilm sat down with some key Medium Format photographers, and started developing the G-system from their input.
- increased tonality + 14 stops of dynamic range
- Hopefull down the road Capture One will support GFX RAW’s
- GFX will hit the market at the end of February
- Fujifilm will launch a free tethering Software (Fujifilm X-acquire) that you can use also with X-T2 & X-T1 at the end of Febraury. (min 29.03)
- When they talked about the focal plane shutters, Fuji Guy Billy says that they know which sensor technology will come in future, and that “certain technology won’t be needed anymore“, and hence they decided to make future-proof non-leaf shutter lenses. Billy already talked more clearly about the global shutter in the interview with Luminous Landscape
- Expect to see much more adapters. Fujifilm is very open to speak with third-party manufactures.
- All 3 lenses are amazing sharp from center to corner, even the zoom lens.
- Mid 2017 2 more lenses will come: 110mmF2 and 23mmF4. End of 2017 will see the 45mmF2.8
- Fujifilm changed some of the curves for Astia and Provia, because of the new sensor and its great dynamic range.
- Focus Bracketing (min. 29:45)
- Future APS-C lenses: they look at the demand. MarkII version of existing lenses, but also longer primes for sports [I’m sure they saw our poll results :) ]
- Fuji Guy Billy says he’s aware the WiFi app needs improvements, and he seems confident that it will come. Not sure if you will have to pay for it.
- Fujifilm is Nr.1 brand in Thailand, especially because of women liking its skin tones.
Fujinon GF63mmF2.8: USA: BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS EU: AmazonDE, AmazonUK, WexUK, PCHstore AUS: CameraPro
Fujinon GF32-64mmF4: USA: BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS EU: AmazonDE, AmazonUK, WexUK, PCHstore AUS: CameraPro
Fujinon GF120mmF4 Macro: USA: BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS EU: AmazonDE, AmazonUK, WexUK, PCHstore AUS: CameraPro