Fujifilm USA uploaded a video called “Understanding Fujifilm Firmware Updates” (video below).
Before going on and showing you, how to update your firmware, Fujifilm manager Michael Bulbenko says:
- sometimes cameras and lenses can have minor bugs in it that can be solved via firmware
- sometimes it is not about fixing bugs, but about making your camera better, faster, new features, etc.
- Fujifilm is well known for providing firmware updates to products that are end of life and discontinued, in order to still improve their performance
- those updates are free of charge
Wait, is this it some sort of subliminal and hidden message?
I mean, a video, where a manager reminds us that Fujifilm does update older gear with new features, and the Fujifilm manager holds a nice Fujifilm X-T3 in his hands. Is he trying to tell us, that the rumored Fujifilm X-T3 Kaizen update is about to come?
Anyway, this post is a good opportunity to let Fujifilm know your firmware wishes in the comments.
A simple wish from my side? Well, I expressed them in this old post already, but I will repreat them here, in case Fujifilm did not hear me the first time:
- Keep Self-Timer Enabled
- Ability to change color of the focus frame
- Addition of RAW files to Auto Mode
If you want to read more in depth what I mean, and why I picked these 3, check out this post.
And what about you?