First of all, let me tell you this: this rumor comes from a source who was right in the past and who also told me over two months ago that the weather sealed X (X-T1) will have a vintage SLR-design (inspired by the FujicaST). It has not yet been upgraded to trusted source… but if it’s right with the tilt-screen and the retro SLR design, then it will be upgraded.
So here is the rumor:
The source told me that the X-T1 will have a tilt screen!
And a couple of days ago another FR-reader had a talk with a Fuji rep at the CES. He wrote me this email:
“At CES. Speaking at new camera and it was implied to be announced in weeks. […] When I mentioned that the Sony had a “tilty-floppy” screen, he grabbed another model in the Fuji line and said, “We know how to do a flip screen. What makes you think we don’t like flip screens?”. When asked if the new camera would have such a screen, there were two answers… “Maaaybe…”. And “What new camera?”
Here is the poll some of you asked for in the comments to older posts.
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Feel free to share information with Fujirumors via email or anonymously via rumor box.
Here is the updated specs list (to take with a grain of salt)
- announcement January 28th (trusted source)
- bigger (extra-large) and better (high performance) EVF / (trusted + anonymous sources)
- APS-C X-Trans sensor II (16MP) / (trusted + anonymous sources)
- support for the UHS-II SD-card for super-fast writing speed / (trusted sources)
- 8fps with AF tracking / (trusted source)
- weather sealed body / (trusted sources)
- tilt screen (source who was right in the past, but not yet upgraded to trusted source)
- FujicaST-like (SLR-type) design / (source who was right in the past, but not yet upgraded to trusted source)
- name: X-T1 / (anonymous source + Fujifilm)
- price range between X-E and X-PRO line / (new and anonymous sources)
- additional battery grip / (anonymous source)
- faster AF then X-E2 / (new source)
P.S.: at the bottom, the X-T1 mock-up of FR-reader Francis! Feel free to send me more X-T1 mock-ups 🙂