A FR reader linked me to the comments in the Japanese website digicame-info. There is a source that calls himself “Fan Fuji” giving some more news about about the X10 and X100 replacements. Some of them correspond to rumors I have from trusted sources. Now let’s make the point of the situation:
The name of the X10 replacement will probably be X-20. The principal improvements will concern the sensor and the viewfinder. So that’s for sure (trusted sources).
And now let’s see what COULD be according to “Fan Fuji”
Fan Fuji says: The X20 has a newly developed EXR CMOS lowpass-less sensor and its viewfinder can display information. [This could correspond with the information I have, that the major improvements will concern the sensor and the viewfinder.] According to Fan Fuji the X-20 will be costlier than the X-10.
X-100 replacement (according to Fan Fuji)
1. the name of X100 replacement will be X100s (we know that the name won’t be X200, so here everything is possible)
2. sensor: 2nd generation X-Trans CMOS (we know that it will have an X-Trans sensor. I’m doubtful if it really will be a second generation X-Trans)
3. new hybrid viewfinder (yes, the HVF will be improved)
4. rangefinder-like focusing gimmick (I would have expected such a feature on future interchangeable lenses cameras…)
5. on sale in February or March (other trusted sources told me it will be March)
6. the price of X100s is as much as X100. (I don’t have infos from trusted sources about the price yet)
Now be careful with these information. I have already posted what I know from trusted sources about the X100 replacement here. And regarding the X20 the only sure thing is that there will be a new sensor and viewfinder. So let’s wait and see if Fan Fuju is reliable.
I tried to contact Fan Fuji through the comments in the digicame post. I didn’t get any answer yet. So, Fan Fuji, in case you’re reading this, please contact me … you can create a fake email account if you want… we could have something more to share…
FOLLOW FUJIRUMORS on JANUARY 7