image courtesy: olafphotoblog
_ _ _
So here is another one, who fell in love with the latest Fujinon lens: Olafphotoblog here! They posted a buntch of images and a list of thoughts about the XF 90mmF2 WR (I’ll share just a few points here on FujiRumors):
- When shooting wide-open, the bokeh is creamy and pleasing to the eye.
- Edge transitions are gorgeous and ceaseless, allowing for dreamy look.
- The micro-contrast is nicely balanced for portraiture work.
- The sharpness is top-notch and on a par with the XF 56mm F1.2 and XF 35mm F1.4.
- Autofocus works much better with the latest update. We played with a face/eye detection function and found it sometimes takes a bit longer than we would like before it locks. We will write more about this in our upcoming posts.
- With Fujifilm’s film simulations, which are tuned to photographing people (beautiful skin tones), the XF 90mm is a great fit.
Here are a few more reviews: Rico’s XF90mm First Look. / 90mm + MCEX Tubes at jasonpitcher / Fujifilm XF90mm Review at leighmiller PART ONE and PART TWO / XF 90mm Review at wimarys / Hands on review at aboutphotography-tomgrill / Review at patricemichellon /
image courtesy: patricemichellon – 100% crop