EISA has assigned awards to everybody making up categories that are hard to distinguish, so that lots of companies will pay lots of money for their EISA logo license to be used in future.
And if they don’t pay, next year those companies will be “punished” by not receiving awards, leading to tons of negative press.
Fujifilm once refused to pay for the TIPA logo license and they were punished the following year by not receiving any award for their digital cameras. That lead to tons of negative press, so Fujifilm decided to pay TIPA again lots of money.
For example, using the RedDot award logo for one product and one year costs up to $6,000. I can’t think at an easier way to make money than selling awards.
After this reality check, let’s see who “won” this year.
- Camera of the Year: Sony A1
- Advanced Camera: Nikon Z6II
- Premium Camera: Canon EOS R5
- Professional Camera: Fujifilm GFX100S
- Photo/Video Camera: Sony A7SIII
- Best Buy Camera FF: Nikon Z5
- Best Buy Camera APS-C: Fujifilm X-S10
- Lens of the Year: Tamron 17-70mm F2.8 Di III-A VC RXD
- Wideangle Lens: Sony FE 14mm F1.8 GM
- Wideangle Zoom Lens (APS-C): Tamron 11-20mm f/2.8 Di III-A RXD
- Wide angle Zoom Lens (FF): Sony FE 12-24mm F2.8 GM
- Standard Lens: Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM
- Telephoto Zoom Lens: Tamron 150-500 F/5-6.7 Di III VC VXD
- Professional Telephoto Zoom Lens: Nikon NIKKO Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S
- Portrait Lens: Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG DN Art
- Manual Lens: Laowa Argus 33mm f/0.95 CF APO
- Macro Lens: Nikon NIKKO Z MC 50mm f/2.8
- Photo Software: Zoner Photo Studio X
- Advanced Photo Software. DxO PureRAW
- Photo Printer: Epson Sure Color SCP700
Fuji Guy Francis highlights the new features of the Fujifilm X-S10, GFX100 and GFX100S firmware updates after the firmware update released on June 30th 2021.
Earlier today Fujifilm has released a major firmware updates for Fujifilm GFX100 and X-S10, and also a new firmware also for Fujifilm GFX100S.
The changes are substantial and require Fujifilm to update the owners manual for these cameras.
Down below you can find the link to the “New Features Guides” published by Fujifilm.
Just 24 hours after the previous new firmware rollout for several cameras, Fujifilm has also released the long awaited and major firmware updates for the Fujifilm GFX100 and X-S10, as well as a new firmware for the Fujifilm GFX100S.
FujiRumors will provide all details and download links down below.