Mattias Burling published its Viltrox 13mm f/1.4 review. Down below you find the video as well as a summary.
- Viltrox hits Fuji where it hurts.
- wide fast Fujinon lenses are quite expensive
- XF16mm f/1.4 costs $1,000, and its worth it, as the image quality is that good
- but the XF16mmF1.4 is big and heavy, so Mattias left the 16/1.4 often at home and used the XF18mmF2 and XF16mmF2.8 instead
- Viltrox 13mm f/1.4 costs around $500
- if you don’t use the Viltrox 13mm f/1.4 as your main lens, then it is definitely good enough
- there is some barrel distortion that you have to fix in post (Fujinon lenses correct internally) and it’s not perfectly sharp from corner to corner but for Mattias needs it is certainly sharp enough
- he used it on a lower resolution Fujifilm X-M1 and he is please with the results
- autofocus is quite fast, any shortcomings in terms of AF are probably related to the Fujifilm X-M1
- sun flares are quite manageable and nice looking
- a bit of vignette, but easy to remove in post
- all metal built
- smooth focus ring
- clicked aperture ring and just stiff enough
- if you want a fast, wide AF lens for the Fuji system without spending too much money, this is pretty much it, as image quality is not bad at all
We Got You Covered!