Fuji Guys Fujifilm Instax Mini EVO First Look (and My Personal Instax Love Story Unveiled)
My Instax Love story started in Chiang Mai, my favorite city in Thailand.
Chiang Mai is in the North of Thailand, far away from the wonderful islands of the South, which are stunning, sure, but also way more crowded than the North of Thailand.
My original plan, after traveling all the way from Cambodia through Laos (by local bus and motorbike, no plane) was to turn right to get to Vietnam after visiting Luang Prabang. But as every solo traveler might have experienced, plans are made just to be changed. And at the end I didn’t turn right to Vietnam, but I took a 2 days slow boat along the Mekong river – which claimed the life of my X-E2 as I briefly told here – to reach Northern Thailand.
I ended up in Chiang Mai, the most beautiful South East Asian city I have been to along with Phnom Penh in Cambodia.
So what has this to do with Instax?
Well, I arrived in Chiang Mai around New Year. I had an X-T1 and my Instax Mini Smartphone printer. New Year was amazing, with thousands of floating lanterns flying in the sky. A magical atmosphere.
I was alone and did what I love most to do: taking pictures. Mostly with my X-T1 and XF35mmF1.4 (as it survived my survival swim in the Mekong, whereas my XF18-55 and X-E2 died).
But this was also my first travel with an Instax Printer.
So here is what I did: I took pictures of the people celebrating New Year (without them noticing me taking pictures), and after I took the images, I printed one for them. Without saying anything, I just gave it to them as soon as the printer spit it out and walked away.
From the distance, I could see their faces looking at the film developing, and then being surprised and happy to see themselves in the image. I will share one of the images I took (and gave away) on that evening below for you guys.
So this is it.
This is where my love story with Instax started. And it never stopped. Giving away some little prints is one of the things I enjoy to do most.
Recently I bought the Instax Mini Wide, but I will also get the Instax Mini EVO once available here in Italy. Because it’s true that it’s nice to make a present to others with a little print, but it is also nice to enjoy the process of taking images and printing, and from everything I have seen so far, the Instax Mini EVO, with its vintage look and retro operation (push the lever to print, turn the lens ring to change settings etc), is what suits my taste best.
So what can you expect when you get the Instax Mini EVO? Well, Fuji Guy Francis is giving a first look to the Fujifilm Instax Mini EVO hybrid digital camera/printer.
- very nice looking camera
- 28mm f/2 lens with 3.2x digital zoom
- lens ring around allows to navigate through various lens filters
- FRONT OF THE CAMERA
- LED flash
- front shutter button
- selfie mirror
- TOP OF THE CAMERA
- film dial allows to navigate through different film options
- cold shoe
- another shutter button
- print lever: crank the print lever to print an image
- strap locks
- tripod mount on one side
- on the other side micro USB charging port and micro SD card slot
- nice big screen
- lens filter: access to 10 different lenses (like “half frame” and “double exposure”). Rotate lens ring to access the various options
- film dial: rotate to navigate through various film filters (retro, vivid, blue tone, red tone, monochrome, etc)
- rich mode (more vivid colors and natural mode (a bit more true to life)
- you can force flash, turn off, or make it AUTO (camera evaluates if it needs to flash or not)
- Macro: get as close as 10cm
- you can use it also as a smartphone printer
- you can also transfer the images you printed on your Mini EVO to your smartphone with an Instax border
- the Instax Mini size is perfect for giving to other people, because it fits in their wallet and people can carry it home safely
- Instax Mini Evo: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- Soft Case for Instax MINI EVO: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- Instax Mini Stone Gray Film: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- Instax Link Wide Printer: AmazonUS, BHphoto, Adorama
Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an