Fujinon GF50mm f/3.5
The newly announced Fujinon GF50mm f/3.5 is a potential GAS trigger lens for many GFX shooters, given its compact size, especially combined with Fujifilm GFX50R. In fact, Fujifilm says you can’t get a lighter and smaller medium format combo than this one.
In the Fujifilm X world, the GF 50mm f/3.5 is the equivalent of a lens I have grown fond of, the Fujinon XF 27mm f/2.8. Of course, being medium format, the GF50mm gives a shallower DOF over the XF27mm, but these compact pancake lenses are not the kind of lenses you want to buy for razor thin DOF.
The GF50mmF3.5 and XF27mmF2.8 are ment to be portable.
Designing pancake lenses that are sharp from corner to corner and optically great performers, is quite a challenge, but from what I have seen in the samples shared so far, the GF50mmF/3.5 seems to succeed in this task.
But for sample images and hands on reviews, check out our GF50mm live blogging here.
So if want to compare size, weight, minimum focus distance and more, head over to the dedicated BHphoto specs comparison page.
But I just married, and my bank account has still to recover from the expenses that came with it. That makes containing my GAS a bit easier at the moment. ;)
- GF 50mm f/3.5: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, FocusCamera
- GF 23mm F4 (save $500): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- GF 45mmF2.8 (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- GF 63mmF2.8 (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- GF 110mm F2 (save $500): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- GF 120mmF4 (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- GF 250mm F4 (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- GF 32-64mmF4 (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- GF 100-200mm f/5.6 (save $500): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
Fuji’s best selling GFX camera: