The developer of Picktorial contacted me, telling me that his ver.3 (MAC ONLY) is now available (which is basically completely new compared to previous versions), with some updates also for X-Trans users. From the press release:
The latest version also offers unique full support for the latest Fujifilm x-trans cameras RAW (including compressed/uncompressed RAF) and auto lens correction based on embedded metadata, an exciting development for Fuji photographers in particular.
He also wrote me:
Except from the quite rare Fuji support we have (no one but lightroom has our Fuji features), there are many exiting we are the first to turn OS X Photos into a non-destructive pro-level editor while recalling the positions of sliders and masks, allowing you to pick up where you left off even after closing Photos.
The first to offer a complete RAW workflow, from-camera-to-edit within a single window without slow switching between library and develop modules.
The first to implement Skin Smoothing utilizing Frequency Separation in a single brush with the ability to control the separation radius.
The first to offer true non-destructive local adjustments including all color adjustment tools (HSL\Curves\Split tone and more).
The first to introduce customizable Color and Luminosity Masks in local adjustments.
and so on..
If there is any X-shooter out there, who will test the software, then feel free to drop your findings in the comments down below. You can download the Picktorial software from their website here (free trial available at the website). They also have a youtube channel here.
Full list of supported Fujifilm cameras here.
Full Press Release
Picktorial makes pro-level photo-editing available in a minimalist, streamlined workflow.
Jerusalem, Israel – April 4th 2017 – Picktorial Innovations, Ltd. is excited to announce the immediate release of Picktorial 3, its latest non-destructive RAW photo editing platform for Mac. Powered by innovative technology, Picktorial offers a streamlined user experience, making pro-level tools accessible through a clean, simplified interface.
Picktorial 3 provides advanced local adjustment options, all of which are fully non-destructive and offer real-time preview. These include luminosity and color masks used by fine-art photographers, a high-end edge-aware brushing engine, state of the art skin-smoothing capacities, blending modes and more.
Picktorial has sparked great interest amongst those looking for a powerful Aperture replacement, offering native support for browsing Aperture libraries alongside its impressive feature set. The latest version also offers unique full support for the latest Fujifilm x-trans cameras RAW (including compressed/uncompressed RAF) and auto lens correction based on embedded metadata, an exciting development for Fuji photographers in particular.
“We are committed to providing the best of both worlds,” says Picktorial CEO and co-founder Dr. Yoav HaCohen. “Picktorial offers an instinctive and efficient workflow that also allows for state-of-the-art editing capabilities, with maximum flexibility and creativity as core values. We are bridging the gap between current mass-market photo editors and cutting-edge technologies to provide photography enthusiasts and professionals with the tools to take their work to the next level, without having to spend time and money on products that require a steep learning curve.”
- Versatile and responsive patch tool , up to 30x faster than Lightroom’s equivalent Spot-Removal tool (tested on a modern 15” MacBook Pro). [ VIDEO ]
- Unique color and luminosity masks making fine-art results easier [ VIDEO ].
- Adaptable single-space workflow, f rom camera-to-edit within a single window without slow switchingbetween library and develop modules.
- Advanced selective tonal adjustments including HSL, Curves, Split Toning, and more, operating onspecific parts of the image defined with advanced masking tools.
- Skin smoothing brush utilizing Frequency Separation in a single brush with the ability to control theseparation radius. [ VIDEO ]
- Edge-aware brush to enable more precise selections.
- Smart extension for macOS Photos , the first of its kind to offer non-destructive pro-level editing whilerecalling positions of sliders and masks, even after closing Photos.
- Catalog-free Image handling that automatically monitors the content of referenced folders, enablinginstant editing with no slow import process needed.
- Native browsing of Aperture libraries with no conversion needed.
- Assistant viewer similar to Lightroom’s new “reference view,” but fully functional with edits and tabs.Availability and Pricing:Introductory price of 39.99 USD (40% off of 69.99 USD regular price), available for a limited time on the company website: www.picktorial.com . Free 14-day trial version available. Free update for owners of the previous version.About the Company:Picktorial is an Israel-based startup, founded by three entrepreneurs with diverse academic and industrial experience. Picktorial is committed to making innovative technologies accessible to the photography market, through the development of user-friendly products powered by state-of-the-art image-processing infrastructure and algorithms.Press Kit available on the the company website: https://www.picktorial.com/press?pt3=1Contact: email@example.com / +972-54-4733392
Picktorial Innovations Ltd. / Ben Yefuneh St. 2/4 / Jerusalem, Israel