Voigtländer Nokton 23mmF1.2 X
Last year, Cosina launched the Voigtländer Nokton 35mmF1.2 X, with no autofocus, but with electronic contacts which allows for transfer of EXIF data and more (more details at the bottom of the article).
Now Cosina will also launch the Voigtländer Nokton 23mm f/1.2 APS-C lens for Nikon Z and Fujifilm X mount.
Also in this case, there will be electronic contacts but not autofocus.
It’s nice to see that Cosina understands us Fujifilm X shooters (or most of us) better than what Sigma does, and did put the effort to design the X mount version with an aperture ring. I wish the new Sigma X mount trinity would have an aperture ring too. But it’s no dealbreaker in my eyes. I shot my 27mmF2.8 without aperture ring for long and with great joy (but I replaced it now with the new XF27mmF2.8 with aperture ring).
For me, shooting Fujifilm is not only, but also about the experience. This is also the reason why I got the TTArtisan 23mm f/1.4. It’s the look and feel of it, attached to my X-E3 or X-T4, that simply makes me enjoy shooting with it every now and then.
And surely the new Voigtländer NOKTON lenses for Fujifilm X hit the same nerve, with a lovely vintage design and the bonus of electronic contacts that make it an appealing option for X shooters.
Personally, though, the Voigtländer options is not on my radar, because my Fujifilm X-E3 camera is not supported (yet). The full list of supported X series cameras can be found at the very bottom of this article.
- Voigtlander NOKTON 35mm F1.2 X: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- TTArtisan 23mm f/1.4: BHphoto / AmazonUS / AmazonDE / Pergear
New from Sigma
- Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama/ Focuscamera
- Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama/ Focuscamera
- Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary (coming December 2022): BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
The Fastest Growing Fujifilm Group
- Fujifilm Film Simulation Group (100% Fuji Colors Power)
Join Our Owners Groups
- Fujifilm GFX User Group
- Fujifilm X-T User Group
- Fujifilm X-S User Group
- Fujifilm X-H User Group
- Fujifilm X-E User Group
- Fujifilm X-Pro User Group
- Fujifilm X100 line Group
Voigtlander NOKTON 35mm F1.2 X – Important information regarding data communication: There are restrictions associated with different camera models.
- Transfer of EXIF data possible – (note * 1) (note * 2)
- Focus magnifier (focus peaking) – possible Distance display possible
- Distance display – possible
- Image stabilization – possible on all models with an image stabilization
- function Parallax compensation – only possible with X-Pro3 Body
Communication compatible models und Firmware (note *3)
- Body Firmware X–H1 v1.10 or later
- X-T4 v1.00 or later
- X-T3 v1.00 or later
- X-T2 v4.10 or later
- X-Pro3 v1.00 or later
- X-S10 v1.00 or later
- X-E4 v1.00 or later
- X-T30 v1.00 or later