CONFESSIONS OF A FUJI FANBOY
Confessions of Fuji Fanboy at olafphotoblog: “Unfortunately, this zoom [XF 50-140] turned out to be really, really good. Damn Fuji! Because of you I had to write another superlative review, which I agree with my forum friends, is totally over-the-top. Micro-contrast? Are you kidding me? I should have known better! What’s even more calamitous is that I dared to publish a few holiday-themed shoots of children at Christmas. How unprofessional! I totally forgot to include MTF data, vignetting info and a scientific evaluation. But the fact that I didn’t include a photo of the wall at 300% is unforgiveable.” Read more at olafphotoblog.
image courtesy: randallcipriano
– Comparing the XF50-140mm to the XF56mm at randallcipriano /
bigheadtaco X100T youtube review
– Fujifilm X100T review at photoxels: “Head or heart, you can’t go wrong with the Fujifilm X100T. You will have in your hands a finely crafted camera with excellent image quality, excellent build and ergonomics, and it is an even more delightful camera to use now in its third revision.” / French X100T review at k-pture (translation) / Bigheadtaco Goes To Hong Kong with the Fujifilm X100T, the Leica T and the Ricoh GR at bigheadtaco / Fujifilm X100T laboratory First Shots posted: How do you top the X100S? at imaging-resource /
– THE REAL DIFFERENCE: XF56 vs XF56 APD vs FF at randallcipriano /
David Alan Harvey, Magnum photographer and aslo National Geographic photographer…look at the camera he use in this youtube video :)
48 hours. New York Stories. (X-T1+23mm) at laroquephoto / Nikon D800 and my Fuji X-T1 at jlmphotos / Five things I like about my Fuji X-T1 at jackgrahamphoto / WIldlife Photography with the Fuji XT-1-GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK at jackgrahamphoto / The Fuji X-T1 on African Safari – How Well Did It Work? at daveburnsphoto / Sigma DP1 Quattro vs Fujifilm XT1 JPEG quality at camerlabs / Fujifilm X-T1 Has Pro Appeal and Fits Modern Needs at news360 / Fuji X-T1 – A hands On, Multiple Exposures and Long Exposures at fstoplounge / Fuji X-T1: A Revelation Indeed at daveyoungfotografia / Fuji X-T1 (and X-A1) in Norway at flipbook / Coffee in Tokyo arslan / Price comparison of the X-T1 worldwide at fujifilmindex / Fuji X-T1 Custom Settings & Tips at cliftonbeard / Olympus E-M1 vs. Fuji X-T1 – after using both for a longer period of time at fotodesign-rs / Los Angeles with the X-T1 at stockografie / Fuji X-T1: my favourite camera for travel at wimarys / Day 2 With the Fuji X-T1 at rivalsvs /
X100/S + Converters
– “Smaller is better […] Try an X series Fuji. Seriously, try it.” wemakepictures / Photography: Freedom of a Single Focal Length at ditchitall / Fujifilm TCL-X100 tele-conversion lens review at amateurphotographer / Shooting Stitched Panoramas with Fuji X100 Cameras at ianmacdonaldphotography /
Welcome in the X-club to Fuji X Shooter Kenneth Reitz, who is also a Top 15 developer on the mega social coding site Github, as well as being the product owner of Python at Heroku and a fellow at the Python Software Foundation, both significant positions in the software community. kennethreitz.org/camera-equipment.
other X-series cameras
– Westfjords Day 1: Keflavik to Ísafjörður (X-E1/X-M1) at photo.stjeanm / first images with the X-Pro1 at alexandregilbert / All The Fun of the Fair (X-PRO1) at veritymilliganphotography / Fuji X-Pro1: Set-Up for Street Photography – Part I at eyebeamimages / Street Beats – Toronto with the X-Pro1 and Some Scary Mean Dude at petetakespictures / 10 days in Japan with the X-E2 at thomasdlh.exposure / X-E1 vs D800, or David vs Goliath at jiriruzek /
– Wide Angle Wizardry :: Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f4 at derekclarkphotography / Fujinon XF 23mm review at johncaz / FujiFilm XF23mm 1.4 at schoolboycouture / A Review of Fuji’s X-trans CMOS II Sensor and X-mount Lenses at borrowlenses / A Review of the Fuji XF 14mm 2.8 at lightstalking / XF 56mm review at colinnichollsphotography / Fuji 10-24 mm f4 lens at mikecroshaw / Fuji XF60mm f/2.4 R Macro: A Lens Re-visited at daveyoungfotografia / Fujifilm XF18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 Review and Gallery at photomadd / Fuji X-T1 – 18-135mm Zoom Compared To 23mm And 56mm Primes at soundimageplus / Leica T (Typ 701) + 18-56mm Zoom Compared To Fuji X-T1 + 23mm And 56mm Primes. The Appeal Of The Leica T System For Me at soundimageplus / Fuji XF 56mm f/1.2 R: A stunning, ultra-fast portrait lens for X-Series at macfilos / Fujifilm X-T1 + 23mm f/1.4 Lens Review at thephotobrigade / Bringing 1:1 macro to the Fujifilm X system: The Zeiss Touit 50mm Macro Full Review at mirrorlessons /
London with a 35 year old Yashica 50mm f2 at timallenphoto / Mitakon 24mm f/1.7 lens for Fuji X – First Impressions Review at simonsphotographyblog / Fuji XE2 + OM 28mm F2.8 Lens / Abandoned Slate Quarry in Wales at colinnichollsphotography / A Tale of Two M Lenses (Part 1 of 2 Parts) at findingrange / Zeiss Announces New 35mm f1.4 Lens for M Mount Cameras (which you can use with Fuji’s M-mount adapter) at phoblographer / The New Standard: 56mm at fotografiainc / Can you Really Use Manual Lenses on the X Pro 1? at fstoplounge youtube /
RAW-conversion / processing
Maj: “Hi Patrick – I am sure you are interested in Adobe improving RAW support as much as other Fuji users. I noticed in the comments to an earlier post that someone linked to a lightroom blog and asked users to comment with their dissatisfaction on Adobe’s support of X-Trans RAW files; and it seems it got a fairly good response. The problem is that this isn’t the place to comment as Adobe developers won’t read it. The correct place is here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/fuji_x_trans_support and people need to +1 the problem on that site which will raise the issue to the top of the problems list and hopefully, just hopefully, Adobe will do something about it and match the great results users are getting with other RAW developers. I wonder if you can promote this in a post some time? We all have a vested interest in improving RAW results so hopefully it’s something you can support.”
Also. check how many comments are all about the Fujifilm X-Trans support from Adobe (Lightroom) on the blog post for the new 5.7 Lightroom here.
Switch to the X… or mirrorless
– Switching to Mirrorless: Embracing Fujifilm X at danielkorzeniewskiphoto /
DiCaPac WP-S3 Underwater Housing For FujiFilm X-T1- XPro1 at capturemyimage /
a bit of everything – New X Book & more
– Lifestyle Campaign preview shot exclusively using Fujifilm X-Series at Alex Lambrechts facebook page here.
– Just Released: A User’s Guide to the Fuji X-System at billfortney
– Fujifilm named a Thomson Reuters 2014 Top 100 Global Innovator (see here) / A night at the museum ~ Lighting sets at prophotonut / Welcome to Classic Chrome at olafphotoblog / A Photo Found on a Fuji X100S That Paid a Visit to the Fuji Repair Facility at petapixel / That Classic Feeling – Classic Chrome at jonasraskphotography / In this video of the song “do they know it’s christmas?, at around the minute 2.57 appears the back of a fujifilm camera… guess which one ;) / Fuji current and future macro solutions at macfilos /