Metz has just officially announced the full specs and price (£99) of their new Metz Mecablitz M360. It will be available also for Fujifilm.
Compact entry level flash
Not only compact mirrorless cameras are in vogue, camera accessories are also getting smaller and more practical. Metz presents an entry level flash that can easily be mounted on any camera and, with its self-explanatory operation, is a reliable companion for many photographers, who especially appreciate speed, for example when photographing events and outdoors. Metz is expanding the M-series of the successful mecablitz M400 as a first step with the mecablitz M360 high performance and low priced version.
With its 190 gram weight and compact size, the mecablitz M360 is not only lightweight, but is also easy to use, making it perfect for beginners. It hardly needs any space in the camera bag, it is instantly plugged into the camera – and you can use the flash straight away. Only two buttons are necessary to control it: The power button turns the flash on and off; the second button displays the various operating states of the M360 (flash ready, exposure OK, standby* etc.) and triggers a test flash. The camera determines the correct illumination of the subject via TTL, whereby the maximum guide number 36 at ISO 100 provides enough power for almost all lighting situations. Thanks to its compact format, the mecablitz M360 is ideal for mirrorless compact cameras, but also DSLR users will appreciate the self-explanatory operating concept.
A flexible companion
The mecablitz M360 offers many additional features that a photographer needs for various lighting situations: The power zoom (24 – 105 mm), the fully swivelling reflector with extendable reflector card and the integrated wide angle diffuser (14 mm) enable flashes on the ceiling, eye-reflexes in flash portraits and the illumination of groups of people. The plug-on diffuser supplied can be used as a soft focus by the photographer.
The mecablitz M360 can synchronise to the first or second shutter curtain if the camera supports this feature. With this flash, Metz also offers the option of installing firmware updates via a micro USB socket, thus keeping the device up to date. The mecablitz M360 will be available as a version for the camera manufacturers Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus / Panasonic / Leica and Sony.
* Function depending on camera
- Maximum height guide number 36 at ISO 100 (105 mm)
- Vertical (-7 / + 90 °) and horizontal (270°) swivel reflector
- Simple operating concept
- Motorised zoom for 24 -105 mm illumination
- Integrated wide angle diffuser for 14 mm illumination
- Extendable reflector card
- Flash readiness and exposure control indicator on the device and on the camera (depending on the camera)
- Automatic device shutdown
- Wake-up function through the camera
- Metal base with quick lock (except Sony Multi Interface version)
- TTL flash operation
- Synchronisation on the 1st and 2nd shutter curtain (depending on the camera)
Dimensions and weight
- 64 x 100 x 80 mm (width x height x depth)
- 190 g
- 2 × AA alkaline manganese batteries
- 2 × AA NiMH batteries
Scope of delivery
- mecabounce diffusor
- Protective bag