shared at the Fujifilm GFX Facebook Group
Time to make some order.
Fujifilm just announced the Fujifilm GFX 50S, a 50MP mirrorless Medium Format Camera. It will be launched along with 3 lenses in early 2017. Overall Fuji has 6 lenses in the raodmap.
- Standard prime “GF63mmF2.8 R WR” (equivalent to 50mm in the 35mm format)
- Wide-angle standard zoom “GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR” (equivalent to 25-51mm in the 35mm format)
- Mid-telephoto macro 1:0.5 “GF120mmF4 Macro R LM OIS WR” (equivalent to 95mm in the 35mm format)
- Fast aperture mid-telephoto “GF110mmF2 R LM WR” (equivalent to 87mm in the 35mm format)
- Ultra wide “GF23mmF4 R LM WR” (equivalent to 18mm in the 35mm format)
- Wide “GF45mmF2.8 R WR” (equivalent to 35mm in the 35mm format)
Fujifilm said that some lenses can resolve over 100MP. To me, this means that it is “future proof” for when the Fujifilm GFX 100S will hit the market, the 100MP successor to the current 50S version.
But let’s get back to the present.
The Fujiflm GFX 50S will cost less then $10,000 with lens and viewfinder (that’s Fuji’s “commitment”). The viewfinder is interchangeable. You can attach a tilting EVF to it.
Fuji has released the official Press Release here.
FXF Admin Andreas has made available all official product images of the GFX and lenses here.
There is a dedicated Fujifilm GFX Facebook group here.
Here are some new tidbits shared by other sites, who where present in the press conference.
- Dedicated Fuji GFX 50S site at fujifilm-x
- focus numerique
- fuji-x-forum Live REPORT here + Official Images
- riflessifotografici (translation)
And as rumored, Fujifilm also announced the new Instax Square Film :) Press Release here
image courtesy – engaged
image courtesy – focus numerique
image courtesy: focus numerique